OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
340x_screen_shot_2011-02-06_at_6.33.55_pm.jpg

QUOTE said:
Sony's Playstation Phone, aka the Xperia Play, will be officially unveiled next week on Facebook.

Sony Ericcson's Facebook even has a count down timer and a very familiar, very disturbing video.

Announce is dated for Feb. 13, 18:00 GMT. What do you think? Too little, too late, or exactly what you've been waiting for?

Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could be interesting if they actually put out some good games, and of course if proper emulators come out
smile.gif

I'm adding this to my to-watch list, I could be in the market for a new phone any day because my current phone is running on it's last legs.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a shame though that they will be using current high-end hardware for a next generation smartphone.
supposedly it has a single core 1GHZ cpu like current high-end smartphones, while by the time it's released most high-end phones will probably have tegra2's with 1GHZ dual-core.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone, somehow managed to get ahold of one of these things a few weeks back and boasted about it on /v/.

1ftfQ.jpg

If I remember right, he said the should buttons were apparently pretty uncomfortable, I can imagine with how the screen slides back.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DryYoshi said:
Could this thing be cheaper than the NGP?
IDK.

And that commercial sure is disturbing.
It's a phone, either it'll be free/affordable on a tariff or bloody expensive on a pay-as-you-go scheme. :\

Seriously though will this phone really sell? If it's PSP games you want, go for a PSP already.
The inclusion of traditional gaming controls on a mobile phone shouldn't be such a novel concept, but sadly it is, I don't think it's been done yet.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, it seems like Sony finally has something to reckon with here. If nothing else, the first-gen PSP built up their reputation in the handheld market, which should help easily distinguish them from iPhone, and it's definitely a step aside from what Nintendo's doing.

Good stuff. Hell, I might actually buy one.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RupeeClock said:
DryYoshi said:
Could this thing be cheaper than the NGP?
IDK.

And that commercial sure is disturbing.
It's a phone, either it'll be free/affordable on a tariff or bloody expensive on a pay-as-you-go scheme. :\

Seriously though will this phone really sell? If it's PSP games you want, go for a PSP already.
The inclusion of traditional gaming controls on a mobile phone shouldn't be such a novel concept, but sadly it is, I don't think it's been done yet.
Except this comes with Android too, so you have access to emulators and "homebrew"/apps without having to hack/unblock it.

I'm really attracted by it, I wanted an android cellphone for so long, maybe it'll be this one.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason I'm not impressed....Maybe if it gets hacked like the iphones I'll check it out. What provider does this even work with?

That commercial made me giggle....The only disturbing thing was where did they get the thumbs from

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If it's possible to root, I'll get one. Not so much for the native games as for it having potential to become the handheld emulator platform.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna guess this'll be slightly more locked down than the standard Android phone; while their PSX emulator will probably be far superior, my guess is that they'll try to keep people from using psx4droid if they can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over