1. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

That’s what I’m talking about! I want to feel that transparent outer jacket and feel that plastic, really feel I’m getting my monies worth!

2. havip503

havip503 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

They deserve it !

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    halo is coming to pc all games lol and titanfal2 was multiplat already and titanfal one is basicaly deserted by now.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    I'm with you on that one.
    The Xbox is a neat underappreciated system.

FuzzyHead, Operative and DinohScene like this.
  5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    halo is coming to pc, all games lol and titanfall 2 was multiplat already and titanfall one is basicaly deserted by now.

6. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    No Word on ps4 pro sales eh. Wonder why, cannot be high.

7. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    P.T was free demo....lmfao

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Xbox lost this gen before Sony even did anything. E32013 was bad.....

Next gen will be different though.

8. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is this a victory for Sony or a failure for Microsoft? In the last gen the xbox360 and the PS3 were neck and neck in sales. This time, Microsoft shit the bed and Sony picked up a huge chunk of former xbox owners since the consoles are nearly interchangeable in function.

9. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    AFAIK when they say "PS4 system sales" has surpassed 100 million units, they are talking about the PS4 as a whole: it is 100 million including PS4, PS4 slim and PS4 Pro, they do not make a difference.

So the number is already there for you: 100 million.

10. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Exaxtly. I knew that already.
    The reason i bought ps4 (not pro) was the hardware sales in japan being 7~million ps4 and <1million ps4 pro in japan. Never saw the detailed numbers worldwide (total ps4 and regular vs pro)

Edit: numbers in japan will be higher in the meanwhile.

11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    I was ripped by Sony... I had the latest 3rd revision model before the Slim\Pro arrived, then I upgraded for a PS4 Pro and since day one it only gave me problems, it randomly shuts down, some times it appears a message saying something like "there's too many USB devices connected" without even having any cable connected and a few seconds later the consoles freezes and shuts down, while sometimes it just shutdown without any message, only freeze and shutdown...

Searched online and lot of ppl said it was software problems and a lot of ppl have so I never returned it to the store...

Its been around like 3 years now, I'm out of warranty and today I opened up the console, cleaned it, put new thermal paste, (points for Sony on the original paste, it was still mostly liquid and pretty good actually even though I also didn't use much the console, but on my 360 it came already dry garbage paste since day one)...

Anyway after opening, I see that the motherboard could only have been already a broken used fixed one that they sold as new, it was full of marks everywhere, some looked like water damage, it had glue and had lot of thermal flux in a lot of points and small pieces of solder on some parts of the motherboard jeez...

And I bought the console a few months after release, maybe half a year after the official PS4 Pro release.

ps: I hate this practise, they should have sold it as a refurbished unit and never, EVER use fixed motherboards and put a new shell\case and sell them as new unopened ones, I paid 399.99€ for this garbage.

Last edited by guily6669, Jul 30, 2019
  12. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Just needs another million to beat the Wii's sale and another 55 million to beat the PS2. With the PS5 almost on the horizon, I doubt it'll maintain the same momentum but it is impressive considering the PS3 didn't perform well until the Slim version came out.

13. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  14. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    You sound like a sheep

Wiki'd likes this.
  15. Operative

Operative Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I bought an XB1 so I could play MCC and I still have it. It's not as bad as people say it is and I've always enjoyed having an XBL account to game with friends on.

My issues with Sony extend more outside of their video game systems and more just their internal business strategies in general. I have a hard time wanting to support them, but I ended up buying a PS4, so I can't really shit on them too much; after all, I contributed to their sales.
    They're both good systems, but hey, people have their brand loyalty and they're entitled to it.

16. teamlocust

teamlocust GBAtemp Regular

India
    it was so obvious. i myself have purchased 3 ps4s. One is a launch fat... Second is a 5.05 pro and third is a SPIDERMAN PRO red.

17. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no. I just don't care. I find all consoles to suck these days.

18. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Not particularly surprising as Sony has had no real competition in the dedicated home console market this generation. Wii U was a concept with niche appeal, the marketing was terrible, and it was designed more to compete with PS3/X360. Xbox One has basically the same hardware as PS4, but it also has a garbage UI and zero exclusives. Switch is more a companion device rather than a straight-up replacement for any stationary gaming system.

The dynamic looks like it'll stay the same next generation too, given that the information we have so far suggests Scarlett and PS5 will contain very similar hardware. I honestly don't know why Microsoft is even bothering to release another console, their gaming division should go ahead and transition to a publisher role sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Xzi, Jul 31, 2019
    FuzzyHead and Silent_Gunner like this.
  19. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

That 100M sold does not translate to 100M users though. Most likely, most people just bought / replaced their old gen PS4 with a new one.

20. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States

Really!? XD I want to see the numbers on that! That's fucking hilarious if that's the case! Just goes to show how badly M$ screwed up whatever momentum they had from the 360. I felt like I was the only kid in school with a PS3 back before the 8th generation of consoles were literally being teased and coming out later on the year of my graduation. I got a PS3 because back then, I valued any money I had earned, and my older brother went through Xbox 360's like one goes through car oil changes; red rings, overheating, a modded version of the second main model of the 360, and then finally, the last version which seemed to have fixed the issue entirely. I said "fuck that, I want to play God of War if I can sneak it into my house without said older brother/parents noticing (all of my older brothers and their wives share the same "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" mindset as my parents do, and said older brother knew of the...tantalizing parts in God of War which is why he never got it for PS2 even though the family goes to church every Sunday/Wednesday to worship a book that has a sub-book within it with very spicy content known as the Song of Solomon)", never did, but now that I have a PC that can run RPCS3 maybe not perfectly, but far better than what an i5-4690k could do, it feels like my PC can only do everything, just like the marketing tagline for the PS3 on the box!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, surpassed, million