The PlayStation 4 has surpassed 100 million units sold

W7i7EWtp6wWhdTvHwTKfYY-320-80.jpg

Though the dawn of the next console generation is quickly approaching, that isn't stopping the massive sales power of the PlayStation 4 system. After just over 5-and-a-half years, Sony's PlayStation 4 has reached a milestone sales figure: 100 million units sold. The PlayStation 4 now holds the record for being the fastest home console to sell 100 million systems, taking just 5 years and 7 months, as opposed to the previous record-holder, the PlayStation 2, which sold 100 million after 5 years and 9 months. In Sony's recent sales briefing, the company also mentions that digital game sales have overtaken physical sales, with digital game purchase making up just over 50% of PS4 game sales as of June 2019. Given these sales numbers, the PlayStation 4 will likely surpass the Nintendo Wii's sales of 101.63 million sold, and become the 5th best-selling game console of all time.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuck off with its claims digital sells more than physical.

What sony will be doing i bet is including psn across all its platforms and downloads that have been free.

Nice try cunts trying to push digital is the way forward.

Prime example that its not, who still enjoys playing the PT demo.... ohh yes you owned the rights to play it even after it was pulled, but sony ensured you couldnt play it after a while it would not work, and you couldnt re download it.
Calm down go and download journey

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Someone is forgetting the iPhone (The iPhone 6 alone sold 220 million). Certainly the most successful in the sphere of gaming though.
don't be stupid the iphone isn't for gaming! candycrush and the rest of them shitty micro$ sucking apps don't count as real games! only PC, sony, mic and nintendo systems are counted. with xbox being at the bottom :lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good system, way better than the Xbox One
well it actually has exclusives sooooooo

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Someone is forgetting the iPhone (The iPhone 6 alone sold 220 million). Certainly the most successful in the sphere of gaming though.
iphones are not recongized as gaming devices lol, they are for the most people just smartphones, only kids plays afew crap games there, becuase if you want to include multiporpose devices there are alot more pcs since ever and they play much better games and selection of them lol.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...which just proves that physical sales are still important, when you consider the amount of titles that don't even get physical releases anymore. I know that most of the games I've bought digitally would've been purchased physically if they'd been released as such.

Fuck off with its claims digital sells more than physical.

What sony will be doing i bet is including psn across all its platforms and downloads that have been free.

Nice try cunts trying to push digital is the way forward.

Prime example that its not, who still enjoys playing the PT demo.... ohh yes you owned the rights to play it even after it was pulled, but sony ensured you couldnt play it after a while it would not work, and you couldnt re download it.
Totally, I still prefer to actually own my games even if it's starting to require huge amounts of space and they all require massive updates.

I'll sometimes buy digital if that's the only option or if the price difference is like $10 or more.

Reactions: duwen

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally, I still prefer to actually own my games even if it's starting to require huge amounts of space and they all require massive updates.

I'll sometimes buy digital if that's the only option or if the price difference is like $10 or more.
Regardless if a game was £10 digital and £30 physical i will never buy digital.

Simply because it holds no value, you dont own it, its a bunch of 0s and 1s sat on a hdd or cloud server saying you can download.

In 20 years time your digital game if it hasnt been pulled wont be worth shit, where as a physical game may increase in value.

This is what people dont get, just because greedy corporations want to increase their profits, you dont realise in the long run its only screwing yourself over blown billions into this digital shit and youll all realise it has no value and wasted money.

Reactions: Reecey

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hmm... im suprised, most people on xbox moved to sony in a heartbeat

Not me matey, started hacking and modding consoles on the old Xbox so it's always got a special place in me heart haha.

Reactions: Darksabre72

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't be stupid the iphone isn't for gaming! candycrush and the rest of them shitty micro$ sucking apps don't count as real games! only PC, sony, mic and nintendo systems are counted. with xbox being at the bottom :lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well it actually has exclusives sooooooo

So does PC, but there's nothing on Xbox One that PC doesn't have already, or rather, nothing that compels me to get an XB1 over a PC, sooooooooo...

Halo? Titanfall? Wow, those sure are compelling.

What's one exclusive XB1 has that PC doesn't that's not an FPS.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It has the best cost-benefit ratio and the best exclusives, IMO.
The only thing I don't like so much is that they're getting too "conservative" when it gets to anime tiddies and such

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow.
PlayStation 4 is a good console, it has good games, but...
Whats new in the PS4?
in the Xbox One, the xbox gets blu-ray.
The WiiU, had a bad gimmick but, atleast Nintendo comes to HD for the first time.
The Switch, its a portable and a home console. Makes sense.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.
Whats new in the PS4?
The WiiU, had a bad gimmick but, atleast Nintendo comes to HD for the first time.

Introduced VR to console players not in the form of the virual boy/labo does it.

Reactions: Wiki'd and DANTENDO

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Introduced VR to console players not in the form of the virual boy/labo does it.
imma talking about the console itself.
Not any acessories, but good point, i cant say if it is good or bad, ( i did have a PS4 years ago, but i sold it. ) because here in Brazil, a PSVR IS 3600BRL ( 950 dollars )

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Wow.
Whats new in the PS4?
does the touchpad not count? media streaming integrated in the console?
also the xbox one didn't introduced bluray, that was ps3 previous gen. it did its own thing with that weird media integration and having an hdmi input though.

but imo a good console is defined by its library, not if it introduced a new memetic gimmick that nobody will miss when the next console takes it away.
the snes and genesis sure didn't needed a gimmick to be successful and well remembered.

Reactions: Wiki'd and duwen

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does the touchpad not count? media streaming integrated in the console?
also the xbox one didn't introduced bluray, that was ps3 previous gen. it did its own thing with that weird media integration and having an hdmi input though.

but imo a good console is defined by its library, not if it introduced a new memetic gimmick that nobody will miss when the next console takes it away.
the snes and genesis sure didn't needed a gimmick to be successful and well remembered.
sorry if you understanded it wrong, i was triying to say that the XONE introduced bluray to XBOX.
i know the PS3 had it.
The touchpad is underused. its cool but underused.
i said that the ps4 was a good console.
Media streaming is good to have, but isnt really a system seller.
but The PS4 is pretty good anyway.
**i wont be repliying anymore**

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there