Gaming The physical release of Lego City Undercover won't require to download 13GBs

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,817
  • Replies 74
  • Likes 2
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
WB has come forward and cleared up the confusion about the info previously spread on the internet.

51ODknVAgcL._AC_US218_.jpg

“The information is listed incorrectly on the packaging of LEGO City Undercover for Nintendo Switch. Players who purchase a physical copy of LEGO City Undercover on Nintendo Switch at retail are getting the complete game, and do not need to download additional content to enjoy the full experience. An internet connection is not required to play the game. The only internet connection suggested is to download the typical content update patch.”

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/warne...switch-cart-has-full-game-no-internet-needed/

This has made me interested again though that comes down to how short the loading times are or else, I'll just skip it altogether (already own the WiiU version, anyway).

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think it made sense originally to only sell part of the game physically then force users to download 13gb of data.
No one's gonna force us to download data that takes up our precious 32gb space. That's why we buy physical.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Gee, I wonder who or how they screwed up with that misinformation XD
Could have something to do with it being multi-platform, like, if you added the 7.1GB with the supposed 13GB, you'd get close to the same game size as the Wii U version.

But for it to be just 7.1GB, I wonder if the game is taking advantage of the Switch's native compression formats that aren't found on Wii U, XB1 and PS4, such as HEVC.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hope this turns out to be true and that game is not trimmed to fit a smaller card. Cause was planning on getting this but not if it requires 13gig download or if it is way worse then on other platforms.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gee, I wonder who or how they screwed up with that misinformation
it's written on the back of the box :creep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, such is the magic of Photoshop
it's really on there

this won't change the fact this game is going to be buggy and prob crash quite a few times like it did on the wiiu. i was going to get it but than i remembered how bad it was :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I played through Lego city and so did my wife there were times we would fall through the floor or strange hit detection in cars but nothing big and definitely no crashes.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think it made sense originally to only sell part of the game physically then force users to download 13gb of data.
No one's gonna force us to download data that takes up our precious 32gb space. That's why we buy physical.
you could start seeing this to reduce their costs.

if a game lets say did require an additional 13GB, imagine how much it would cost.... Zelda is 8GB and nintendo are charging nearly £60 which clearly games that are requiring larger cards are going to cost more, more than what PS4/XBX1 games cost.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope this turns out to be true and that game is not trimmed to fit a smaller card. Cause was planning on getting this but not if it requires 13gig download or if it is way worse then on other platforms.
Supposedly it's a "Remastered" version, same as on PS4 and XBone. Can't say it's the same as the PC version, we all know that will be far superior than any other hehehe. /s

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
well the game ran fine off the disc......

The WiiU game disc ran.. Okay.

you could start seeing this to reduce their costs.

if a game lets say did require an additional 13GB, imagine how much it would cost.... Zelda is 8GB and nintendo are charging nearly £60 which clearly games that are requiring larger cards are going to cost more, more than what PS4/XBX1 games cost.

The retail price in US is $59.99 (before/after Sales Tax depending on the state) yet in UK, retailers take the advantage of charging whatever the hell they want.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The retail price in US is $59.99 (before/after Sales Tax depending on the state) yet in UK, retailers take the advantage of charging whatever the hell they want.
In the UK the price includes VAT. The US, tax is added after the fact.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Living in Canada, I find the japan eshop way cheaper than me buying in US or EU(euro) eshop (still waiting for Disgaea 5 to arrive). And any NA games I will buy physical from Amazon, I get 15-20$ off games with prime.

Like Lego Undercover I just preordered the cart for $55.99, but the eshop lists it as $69.99. I got the physical game cheaper than the digital one. Giggity.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I cant see retailers making much when nintendo themselves are charging £59.99, i have no idea why the fuck the robbing bastards are also charging the same price for the wii u version.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.list

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: