Hardware The perfect solution to the Switch's lack of integrated dock gpu?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is very likely that the Switch was designed to connect to an eGPU, but Nintendo probably felt that there's no need to prematurely announce a "Power Dock" if the Switch sells well. I do expect to see one within three years however.

I want to see what happens if you connect a Switch to a Razer Core or Alienware Amplifier.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope, please no SEGA CD 32X and Knuckles.
The proved to be a fail a long time ago.
True, but there are a lot of things that failed by initially releasing before their time. CGI-heavy movies, VR headsets, portable phones, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Switch dock with a GTX 1050 inside. Anything more would be overkill and probably overpriced.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, please no SEGA CD 32X and Knuckles.
The proved to be a fail a long time ago.
Because back then developers actually optimized for th console, instead of just shrugging when the framerate drops. The Switch already has two performance profiles depending on if is plugged into the dock or not, adding a third profile won't be all that difficult. Plus imagine the spittake Sony would do if it turns out that consumers that already brought the Switch only have to pay ~$150 to upgrade it so it's more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because back then developers actually optimized for th console, instead of just shrugging when the framerate drops. The Switch already has two performance profiles depending on if is plugged into the dock or not, adding a third profile won't be all that difficult. Plus imagine the spittake Sony would do if it turns out that consumers that already brought the Switch only have to pay ~$150 to upgrade it so it's more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

pro doesn't sell as much as regular ps4 doe, when i bought my ps4 a month ago. there were like 10+ boxes of pros just sitting there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more