The perfect solution to the Switch's lack of integrated dock gpu?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mr. Wizard, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Mr. Wizard
    OP

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
  2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    It is very likely that the Switch was designed to connect to an eGPU, but Nintendo probably felt that there's no need to prematurely announce a "Power Dock" if the Switch sells well. I do expect to see one within three years however.

I want to see what happens if you connect a Switch to a Razer Core or Alienware Amplifier.

Last edited by Futurdreamz, Apr 19, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Nope, please no SEGA CD 32X and Knuckles.
    The proved to be a fail a long time ago.

4. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    True, but there are a lot of things that failed by initially releasing before their time. CGI-heavy movies, VR headsets, portable phones, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Switch dock with a GTX 1050 inside. Anything more would be overkill and probably overpriced.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Because back then developers actually optimized for th console, instead of just shrugging when the framerate drops. The Switch already has two performance profiles depending on if is plugged into the dock or not, adding a third profile won't be all that difficult. Plus imagine the spittake Sony would do if it turns out that consumers that already brought the Switch only have to pay ~$150 to upgrade it so it's more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

6. gundamu

gundamu GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    pro doesn't sell as much as regular ps4 doe, when i bought my ps4 a month ago. there were like 10+ boxes of pros just sitting there.

7. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Absolutly nothing is my guess. It doesn't have the drivers for it most likely.