The Order 1886 - Limited Editions & Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jun 10, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I was considering the PE (to resell, no interest in the game), though I laughed when I saw the price. A tad overpriced.
    Dropped a pre-order on it just in case it happens to sell really well. The current discount on amazon makes it a little better though. Love how easy it is to drop an amazon pre-order, since they only charge you when they ship it.

It also says Jan 2016 as an estimated release date, lulz. Hopefully I don't forget the damn thing. Pretty embarrassing to get a $150 PE for a game I don't want on a system I don't own. (granted by 2015 I probably will have found a reason to get one)

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    HNNNGGGGGG

I got to save money for it!

4. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    This new trailer should alleviate any worries people have about the game:

I've already paid the game off but was considering not bothering with it after all of the negative press from people that played it for 5 minutes 6 months ago. This trailer is what was needed to silence the naysayers!

5. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I like the trailer, but not pre-ordering.

Until it's confirmed the EU copy is not censored, I'm not buying. SCEE have a nasty habit of censoring games and hiding it. And no, it's not just Germany, SCEE do it for all of Europe.

6. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Good point I forgot how they love to censor their own IPs. I don't usually preorder myself but I had amazon vouchers so used them up on this, Type 0 HD and Bloodborne.

The trophy list leaked the other day for The Order and it has no bronzes at all which is weird.

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Looks as though 2015 will be PS4's year and the one which I'll be getting because with games like:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Bloodborne
    Deep Down
    Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
    Dying Light
    Metal Gear V
    Mighty No. 9
    No Man's Sky
    Project C.A.R.S
    Star Wars: Battlefront
    The Order: 1886
    The Witcher
    Uncharted 4

Owning a PS4 for its exclusives and multiplatforms is a must for a current-gen gamer!

T-hug likes this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Still not 100% sure if I'll be buying this or not, I'm gonna have to wait for some reviews on this to come out. The newest trailer does look good, though.

9. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013

That list looks a little underwhelming to me. I'm sure there are more titles?

final fantasy XV? I'll probably buy a PS4 for that if a good bundle is shown.

10. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    New interactive The Order 1886 website is live: https://theorder.playstation.com

If you explore the whole map you get a voucher to download an Order 1886 theme (might be for NA only).

11. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Forgive my bump, to just wanted to say that last night, I started the game around 6:45PM and ended it right around 2:25AM. Roughly 8 hours of gameplay I believe?

All in all, the game was a decent experience, I found the gameplay to be kind of dry and samey, with every encounter almost copying the gears of war, "Room with cover, duck and shoot," aesthetic.

That being said, I found the story relatively engaging, and there's no denying it's freaking gorgeous on PS4.

I'd give it a solid 6.9 almost a 7.

12. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I agree it's a good game for what it is but no denying it's disappointing at full price!
    I beat it in one sitting and then a couple more hours to mop up the plat. Would make a great weekend rental.
    I heard it's going to be a trilogy so I hope the next game is significantly better. Also Bloodborne warewolves > The Order Lycans lol

chavosaur likes this.
  13. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The problem with TO1886 was the price it shouldn't have been £48 (original price in UK at launch) but had it been £25-30 people might've been less critical of it. I'll pick it up for £10 or less, and I assume it'll reach it before the end of the year.

chavosaur and T-hug like this.
  14. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    yea that's absoultely what I thought as well. Were it a $30 game for such a cinematic experience, I think everyone would have welcomed it with open arms.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.