The only reason why I don't want to get Super Street Fighter..

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Feels Good Man, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    is because I know i'll get demolished online and I don't really have anyone local to play with [​IMG]

Ridge Racer, Pilot Wings or Rayman it is then! [​IMG]

Anyone else the same?

2. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    surely you can use the cheaty shortcut buttons on the bottom screen to perform special moves and such?

3. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    I'm okish at fighting games and I'd rather go online with console games with that genre.

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'm pretty sure the online is divided into "lol i suck at fighting games" and "Excuse me while I mash out some ridiculous combo as Akuma because I'm a prick" modes.

I'd probably feel the same if I was fighting it but you can always keep practicing and there's some single player stuff. It's pretty silly to base a game with a heavy reliance on multiplayer honestly. I think they added some unlockables or something.

5. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    Heh, you're not the only one who sucks at fighting games. :3 I can't perform combos to save my own life.

6. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    If you use those you'll get raped even worse.

7. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    I'm exactly the same but the touch screens should help us. If we still completely suck well lets stick to other genres post launch. haha

8. tyrran

tyrran Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    To be honest, I'm generally pretty bad at fighting games, but the touch screen instant attacks really do make things a lot easier. I come from old-school Street Fighter days (before any of this Cammy/T-Hawk/Dee Jay/Fei Long crap) and we simply didn't have the super punishing moves that the new games do. As I struggle to catch up, being able to simply tap a button with my thumb helps balance things out a lot when you move into the higher difficulty chains.

Even if you're not great at fighting games, it's a pretty beautiful looking game, and it was one of the cheapest at launch (besides Puzzle Bobble 3D). I won't fight you on Pilotwings, but Street Fighter is pretty worthwhile.

9. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    yeah, pilotwings looks more like a free demo than anything else...

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I dont need this game because I have it for PS3. I dont need 3DS until there are better 3rd party games first. The Wii sure fooled me when 3rd party supported it then decide to abandon it. I m not going to fall for 3DS as well.

11. Feels Good Man
    OP

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Well, there ARE a lot of third party support but most of the stuff that comes out is crap.

Anyway, let's not get off topic here

12. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Cool story, bro.

13. spiritofcat

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah, I've never been good at Capcom fighting games.
    If it was a Tekken or Soul Calibur game I would have bought it for sure.

14. Donald Serrot

Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2009
    United States
    I'm honestly not a big fan of Street Fighter, not sure why it just doesn't do it for me. DoA though... *drool* that and Soul Calibur are the games I like when it comes to fighters. I think it's more I want to actually fight, not see who fails first at hadoken spam. (Hint: I can barely even do a hadoken.)