The Offspring

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Austinz, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

The Offspring by Austinz at 1:18 PM (1,327 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Austinz
    OP

Member Austinz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Has anyone got there new album, and if so is it any good, ive heard hammerhead and it sounds pretty good

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Album sucks, it has nothing to do with previous Offspring..Sound is soft, songs are slow-er....And vocals are weird...
    I'm a big fan of old Offspring, but I think that Splinter was a good album too!...This new one isn't worth anything /there are two/three songs that sounds like something, but album in general....not my thing)........

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah new album is pretty shit, worse they've done sounds like they're trying to be Linkin Park or Coldplay. Hammerhead is the only good song on there. To be honest the last album I liked of theirs was Ixnay On The Hombre but at least the others had some decent songs on.

Oh well still got Smash I suppose

4. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Yeah, just like if they try to be MTVish fresh-pop style of music!!

Ixnay on the Hombre is my favorite album besides The Offspring.....Smash was awesome too, but I never liked Ignition very much (it's a good album, my favorite song is L.A.P.D., but it never "touched" me when I listened it).....
    Americana was OK, but actually I liked better Splinter than Conspiracy of the One (for me, it was a bit bad album too).....

5. johnnywalker

Member johnnywalker GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    My sister used to like this band. We were to a concert in Katowice some years ago. New album is medicore, I daresay C.

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I'm gonna be listening to the new album this afternoon. Kinda curious to hear it. A few people have had good and bad things to say.

Still... Smash and Ixnay are my two top Offspring albums... so this has a lot to live up to (and i don't have high expectations of it lol)

7. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    WildWon, maybe it's better if you decide not to listen to it than......this is NOTHING like Smash and Ixnay!! And I really meant that when I say it........ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.....

8. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    I've always hated Offspring. When I was in high school all the jocks listened to them and they would try to talk me and my friends about them. We would tell them to grow a pair and listen to Crass. Banned from the Roxy FTW!

9. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    :\

Well, erm...

*Should I say it, should I say it*

..I do actually quite like the new album. Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of The Offspring (I only own their Greatest Hits), but I still think it's a good album. Hammerhead is pretty good as well, and if you like it, the rest of the album is fairly similar.

10. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've been finding that Dexter's vocals have been sounding more and more like Weird Al's as time goes on! [​IMG]

11. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    I didn't like Hammerhead, You're Gonna Go Far Kid is a much better song (and the only good one on the album)

12. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Terrible album, The band havent made a decent album in years.

13. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Why did you even expect that jocks would listen to Crass?! It's anarcho music, and only people with brains should listen to that!!:lol:
    I liked/like Offspring, but philosophy of the band never appealed to me..

14. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    There's 5 tracks on the 30-second sampler I like, I agree that "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" is the best thing on there. Not overly struck on the others (maybe they grow on you), and one track where I wonder what on earth it's doing on an Offspring album [​IMG]