Hacking --THE OFFICIAL WiiKEY FW UPDATE THREAD--

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so we haven't received any updates regarding the Wiikey FW update that will allow us to play Brawl (Dual Layer) yet. Be it legit or dumped.

Anyways, I created this thread to start a discussion on when you think the update will coe, why it hasn't been released yet, if they even have the solution, if they have even started on it, and future updates regarding this from Wiinewz or from other sources.

Honestly, I know it's early, but the lack of news regarding the Wiikey team and the FW is not very pleasent. I mean, for the past few days, I have been trying to get in touch with my installer (so he can install a ON/OFF switch), who installed my Wiikey back in June or July, and I haven't heard from him. I have been trying to find someone in my area that will do it, but so far, no luck.

Anyways, I hope they release a FW update soon, or at least a fully working FW before the North American launch of Brawl. I CAN'T SPEND $49.99 AND NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS ON SUNDAY (Mar 9)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and this thread is also to stop other/future threads regarding the Wiikey team and the Brawl FW update.

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the wait wii be too long, i mean, We got the mario update reasonably soon, although they did have a website at the time.
rofl2.gif

Anywho, the wiikey is still the daddy in my eyes and i've got faith in them enough to think it will be soon, a week maybe
unsure.gif

Btw, whats tis about an on/off switch for the wiikey?

Will that make cutting out during updates simpler than pulling the plug?????

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's jsut been few days. Try to code new firmware byyourself if it's so easy. :/// Also it was weekend just. hardly no one works at weekend.
Atleast they said that they are doing the newe firmware. That's enough for me. But it won't take over a month, so you'll be just fine.

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THe ON/OFF switch is basically a physical switch, similar to the CycloWiz's update switch, but instead of it being used for updates, I want to use it to disable the chip itself, so I can play my legit Brawl (when it comes out) without any problems.

I want to do this because I am assuming that the Wiikey team will have problems releasing the update and/or releasing it after the launch in North America.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't know if it works on wiikey with DL backup, there isn't one yet.

Hell, the japanese guy with the blog is too greedy to upload
sleep.gif

Also, Original DL USA version would work, it just doesn't with jap copy, since it doesn't support DL yet? I guess if it were the US version, it would recognize your disc and update

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it can't even boot the legit game, I am 100% positive that it won't be able to boot a dumped DL version of the game (assuming both are on the same firmware).

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I am a wii key owner/user and this is what i am wondering (havent bothered serching deeply)

1 i have yet to see the full 8.3g dump available for download yet, so how dose any one even know that it wont work with the wii key in its current latest FW? i thought people have been playing the single layer version of it with the wiikey, which makes me think theirs no new protection, and altho untested, it claims to run DL in an older up date before 1.9g right?

2. IF we do need a new wii key update, how/where will it come from with out a official wiikey website? (yes i know most of the time it is leaked) but isn't that beside the point?

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am a wii key owner/user and this is what i am wondering (havent bothered serching deeply)

1 i have yet to see the full 8.3g dump available for download yet, so how dose any one even know that it wont work with the wii key in its current latest FW? i thought people have been playing the single layer version of it with the wiikey, which makes me think theirs no new protection, and altho untested, it claims to run DL in an older up date before 1.9g right?

2. IF we do need a new wii key update, how/where will it come from with out a official wiikey website? (yes i know most of the time it is leaked) but isn't that beside the point?

1. There are no DUAL LAYER dumps yet, but the legit game itself works with CycloWiz, Yaosm, and D2CKey. It doesn't work with the |Wiikey, so that means, a back up won't either, until a new FW gets released.

2. The FW will be released on Wiinewz.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
". It doesn't work with the |Wiikey, so that means, a back up won't either, until a new FW gets released." ~HipN

but it dose work with wiikey in the single layer.. i dont know what you mean that it dosnt work? do you mean that a none copied version of the game put in a wii key unit will not run?

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
". It doesn't work with the |Wiikey, so that means, a back up won't either, until a new FW gets released."

but it dose work with wiikey in the single layer.. i dont know what you mean that it dosnt work? do you mean that a none copied version of the game put in a wii key unit will not run?

I am talking about the legit/retail game. It doesn't work since the disc is Dual Layered. The reason the dumped released works is because it's single layered, but it is missing half of the content of the full game.

What I am trying to say is... The Wiikey team needs to release a new FW that supports Dual Layer games. We know it supports the discs, but right now, it doesn't support the game(s). The CycloWiz, Yaosm, and D2CKey all do.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hell, the japanese guy with the blog is too greedy to upload
sleep.gif
Wow. Why should someone help you steal a fucking game in the first place? Do they owe it to you? Do you deserve it? That kind of remark is simply disgusting and I truly hope that your line of thought changes because nobody owes you (OR ANY OF US) any releases.

Greedy. You said it so well the first time.

Anyways, moving back on topic. I'd love an update for the WiiKey and I wish the best to the progress made on the update. I am sure they are doing their best. I just hated all the rumors that fired around before the DVD5 "rip" was released. Mainly caused by ranting morons who heard something in an irc channel or that saw something on another forum so it must be true. Not to mention all the wiikey owners that were saying "abandon ship!" the moment it was known that the game did not work on wiikey (over a day before the current dump hit!).

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think i understand what your saying about why a burnt version wont play., the only thing i don't quite get if im getting you corectly is, if i were to just buy the game when it comes out you make it seem like it wont play in my wii because i have a wiikey in it. are you saying that it can some how detect the wiikey(up to this point practically undetectable) and their for not play?

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I know it's early, but the lack of news regarding the Wiikey team and the FW is not very pleasent.

What exactly do you expect them to do? Post daily updates saying "we're still working on it?" As I reported on WiiNewz, they already have an original copy of the game in their possession and are currently working on an update to fix the compatibility problem as well as update their dumping app to work with the game. Any and all future news and updates will be posted on WiiNewz.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think what it must be like is people like hearing whats happening from the president, not from fox news. if you get what i am trying to say.

taiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amidst all the confusion being posted everywhere I just want to get one question answered for now.

can you play the single layer copy of brawl (versus only) with the wiikey?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0