Gaming The Official Wii Fit Experment, RESULTS! (-15lbs.)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely incredible. I did try the Wii Sports experiment but I just lost interest in it since all I did was Boxing and that got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay repetitive after a few days. Of course I should've followed his exact plan, but yeah. Tried it again many months later and bowed out early because I really destroyed my arms. D'oh.

Now, if I could find WiiFit, I might actually look to trying it out routinely, but of course it's as sold out as the core system itself anymore.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
I did my "experiment" 41 days straight, I really think that is the key.

I really wanted to gain/tone muscle instead of lose weight, so I spent a lot of time doing push-ups, sit-ups, and I would use a 30 lb. weight to do my triceps exercise. Also, for my cardio running for 30 minutes in place with the Wiimote would get my heart rate racing. I also tried to beat my hula score (and all scores) every time I played, so that made me workout with that much more intense.

The game is very entertaining, especially for me. I grew up when playing most games was about beating your own high score and since Wii Fit gives you points after most activities, I was always trying to out do myself.

The only complaint is the running in place, that got boring. I started to run in small circles in my living room and wear headphones. Other than that it was a blast and something I can easily maintain (not 7 days a week, but 4-5).

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I had absolutely no idea that YOU were the guy doing all of this! XD Ahem, I of course mean by that, congratulations. =P

That said, I think I doomed myself to failure by just doing the same thing over and over again. Mind you, this was during college so I'd do it after classes, when I was already feeling the wear of the day, and I just couldn't do it after a few days. Got too boring. When I did it again recently, I wanted to try to keep it going for 30 minutes but I barely made it to 20 since my body was literally shutting down on me. Oh did I have incredible arm pain for a while after that--a surefire sign that the only shape I'm in is round.

I really do want WiiFit beyond the whole novelty factor that I presume a good number of people are snatching it off the shelves, but it's a hefty investment in something I naturally can't try out, and finding it lately has been impossible. Being overweight as I am, I would greatly like to try it before I come to break the machine trying it, so as to actually get some use out of it. I certainly don't doubt that it works, but if I'm having fun while doing it all, I would be more likely to continue with the regime since it wouldn't seem so much like I'm doing actual work. I've heard it can work most of the body and that'd be fine enough for me.

You really are inspiring, and the notion of getting something of a workout playing a game that isn't DDR is starting to become less insane as time goes by. =P

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. I just looked over everything and it's amazing how dedicated you are to it. Thanks for the results. My girl is always obsessed about losing weight.. like the typical female when I already think she's slim enough. But she doesn't do much about it, so maybe this will motivate her. lol.

Edit: And you typoed your title. It's actually -25lbs. Which is even more impressive. 196 to 171 was it not?

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Amazing. I just looked over everything and it's amazing how dedicated you are to it. Thanks for the results. My girl is always obsessed about losing weight.. like the typical female when I already think she's slim enough. But she doesn't do much about it, so maybe this will motivate her. lol.

Edit: And you typoed your title. It's actually -25lbs. Which is even more impressive. 196 to 171 was it not?

Thanks man. It was 191 to 176, 15lbs. Not sure about the confusion. If you watch the 2nd video you can see my Wii Fit weight loss graph from May 14th to June 22nd. My girlfriend (now wife) totally got on board with more during my Wii Fit experiment and again with my Wii Fit experiment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse