Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just post if you have preordered or even already paid in full a PS Vita and which version and what game launch or otherwise you want for it.

Myself I did both at Gamestop last Wednesday. 3G + WiFi

No launch game right now at the moment, waiting for the February miracle game that will be released in Japan.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question:

Why the 3G?

I had the spare cash from Ebaying off my used import games I don't play now due to lack of space, anyway most of the preorders at Gamestop were for the 3G + Wifi version according to the employees that were there.

and how much is the monthly 3G plan going to cost?

It hasn't been announced yet but judging from AT&T $20-$50 a month, I can't see it being under $20 or over $50, also I'm not going to use the 3G until the download max is increased to a level I can download a decent game.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
from what i have been reading

the 3g version is the preferred version. see this
also
the 3g version, also has GPS
the wifi will NOT have GPS (but should have something like it using wifi)

so why the a full Featured version

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems the 32GB memory stick is a preferred option, I better get that sometime since everything else hardware is finalized now, probably after Christmas, I end up with a few hundred in spending money anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the money for it at the moment so I may just wait until March and get it as a birthday gift. It'll have a month for things to be sorted out and, if by some divine intervention, it somehow sucks, I won't be committed to it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may check out the wifi only version some time next year, likely around summertime. I can't justify paying for a 3G plan that would merely give me access to location/GPS services I will never use, especially with AT&T. To each his own though.

Reactions: 3 people

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered it, but now I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order until a super special limited edition one comes out, so I can look like a hipster fag.

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed.

Pre ordered and paid in full the first edition package. My Fiance wanted me to get little diviants anyway

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might preorder one in December after Christmas. I just checked my work calendar and it looks like there's a lot to do that month. So hopefully I'll scrape up some cash to buy one. Or I'll see what Christmas brings in terms of checking stuff off my "to-get" list and base my purchase around that. As much as I want one, there's a few more pressing purchases (Magic cards mainly).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might preorder one in December after Christmas. I just checked my work calendar and it looks like there's a lot to do that month. So hopefully I'll scrape up some cash to buy one. Or I'll see what Christmas brings in terms of checking stuff off my "to-get" list and base my purchase around that. As much as I want one, there's a few more pressing purchases (Magic cards mainly).
Magic cards > a portable? :blink:
The 3g and/or 32gb(worse with only one choice) is not worth it over using that money to buy games
for the thing.

Also gps... seriously? Fine without that.

So, I just buy a game and get one later... oh wait... :tpi: :P (Not serious)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magic cards > a portable? :blink:
The 3g and/or 32(worse with only one choice) is not worth it over using that money to buy games
for the thing.

Also gps... seriously? Fine without that.

So, I just buy a game and get one later... oh wait... :tpi: :P (Not serious)

You underestimate my addiction to Magic.

And I don't want the 3G, I'll agree with you there. I seriously hope the Canada bundle comes to the US, if not I'll just be preordering a standard WiFi console.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really inclined to buy either. I'll probably go for 3DS a lot more due to liking Nintendo published games more than Sony ones. Even Nintendo's so called "casual" line can produce some great titles though lately they haven't.

After Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 3D Land seems like a major come down and redundant in ideas. I'm sure its a very good game but its like Nintendo rushed a title out so that the 3DS has a Mario game sooner rather than later. 3DS can easily do something as big as Galaxy 2.

Mario Kart 7...well while I didn't like the Wii game much this one does look a lot better but still...same game I played on the DS but prettier. I'm hoping future Smash Bros games aren't gonna suffer the same fate.

The only game from Nintendo this year and looking out into next year that looks to further its genre & franchise and be more than just "another entry in the series" is Zelda which several months ago did look pretty meh and now just sounds like its something of a modern classic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1