The Official "Dropping the Truth Bombs" Thread

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Foxi4, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]

Hello, boys and girls! In this unimposing thread I'll be dropping truth bombs on all of you in my infinite wisdom, showing you unwashed lot of fanboys with no taste the one and only true way leading to the lands of Good Gaems™, one truth bomb at a time. Disclaimer: If your opinion differs from mine, it is a bad opinion. You are wrong and you should feel bad - my truth bombs are invariably true and if you find them up to debate, you have no taste. Let's get those fuses sizzling, shall we?

Truth Bomb #1: Electronic Arts is a great company that continues to release high-quality AAA video games. Stuff like Battlefield, Need for Speed, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, Crysis and more only goes to show that EA excels where most fall flat on their faces. Year after year EA provides us with unparalelled entertainment and they deserve nothing but praise and your money. You should all be on your knees with eyes closed and wallets open, waiting for EA to shower you in the face with their top-tier content and sing "thank you" each and every time they blow their AAA load at you because if not molochs like Electronic Arts and Ubisoft we'd be left with crappy small fries, seeing that Valve doesn't seem to be terribly inclined to make that Half-Life sequel you've been waiting for since before you first learned how to ride a bike in pre-school.

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

LET THE TEARS FLOW! ;O;

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Real Truth, Foxi is Hipster Babies.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Tl;dr

I'll post mine instead:
    1. Sony is worse than the mafia
    2. PS Vita has no gaems
    3. Wii U has no gaems
    Deal with it.

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    The only truth you need to know is that Xuphor is a man with multiple lungs!

raulpica, Ryukouki, Black-Ice and 2 others like this.
  5. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    >Electronic Arts is a great company that continues to release high-quality AAA video games.

[​IMG]

>Year after year EA provides us with unparalelled entertainment and they deserve nothing but praise and your money.

[​IMG]

>You should all be on your knees with eyes closed and wallets open, waiting for EA to shower you in the face with their top-tier content and sing "thank you" each and every time they blow their AAA load.

[​IMG]

I'll give you Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield, though.

6. _kbnft

_kbnft Lab Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2008
    Canada
    You are an
    Sometimes I buy new games just to support the developer and I don't play it at all. :(
    If i like the game, I buy it for different consoles.

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

[​IMG]

:creep::creep::P

That comment left me breathless :evil:

gamefan5 and Ammako like this.
  8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Hipsters unironically like EA now? Just as I thought I understood things.

As I see it most big game companies are shit, EA is no more shit than any of those and by several important metrics may actually be better.

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    EA is popular, but the subset of people who don't like it has become so large and vocal, it is now a popular opinion, so liking EA is going against the popular opinion and therefore hipster.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Unless you mean large in the waist I am not sure I can believe that, however being vocal has long been known to make people feel bigger. However that does make sense, the question is if my assertion in the previous sentence was true are we dealing with phony/fake hipsters?

11. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    High Quality
    I think it's more accurate to say that EA's a shitty company, but they're not Satan. They can still put out some good games, the free offers on Origin are nice, and at least they're giving Valve much-needed competition. Other companies pull shit that's just as bad, or worse, so we should stop pretending that EA is any sort of outlier here.

12. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I would call them local hipsters. As in, they are not the global extreme of hipsterdom, they are a local spike in their surroundings. Does that make them fake?

Look, some people just weren't born to 'stache. Others rock it no matter how obvious the CGI.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    BUT EA IS SATAN :cry:
    EA CHARGES MONEY FOR THINGS :cry:
    EA IS JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY, NO OTHER DEV IS LIKE THAT :cry:
    NIN10DOH DOESN'T CASH IN ON SEQUELS OF THE SAME IPS EVERY YEAR LIKE EA DOES :cry:

Foxi4 likes this.
  14. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I see that the unwashed masses are not keen to listen to wise council. No matter, future truth bombs will open their eyes to the real world.

Don't worry, kids - it's okay to cry. ;O;

15. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Shit! An EA thread!
    Bail out! Bail out!

16. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008

it's too late... Im in now... tell my waifu that i love her and dont suck that big black guys dick across the streets..

GameWinner likes this.
  17. Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    EA will be a good company again after it makes Skate or Die 3.

[​IMG]

18. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Hello boys and girls! It's time for another Truth Bomb!

Truth Bomb #2: Nintendo games are not creative. All Nintendo's done for the past 20+ years is regurgitating the same 5 IP's over and over again, and you're all lapping their spunk up like it's Ambrosia. When Activision releases Call of Duty yearly it's a disgrace, but when the same old Pokemon reskin happens to be released at similar intervals, everybody lines up at the glory holes ready for another serving - how embarrasing. :rofl2:

Nintendo literally has 5 games - Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby and DK, and that's an order of relevance. They don't even try to pretend that they care about StarFox or Metroid - there hasn't been a single true sequel in the StarFox franchise since Lylat Wars and Other M was practically still-born. Don't get me started on F-Zero - that IP doesn't exist anymore and you might as well get comfortable with that thought. Guess what? You'll keep on getting those 5 games over and over again and you're going to love it, because there isn't a creative bone in the entirety of Nintendo's software studios.

New and exciting productions like Golden Sun in the GBA era are completely burried under mountains of crappy tech demos released as fully priced games like Pilotwings 3DS or hastily put together pseudo-remakes like Ocarina of Time 3D or Wind Waker U. Before someone mentions Animal Crossing, that game is made specifically for people with obsessive-compulsive disorders and is a blatant rip-off of Harvest Moon, except with animals as characters. That, and guess what? You're only getting one per generation anyways, just like with Smash Bros., so who even cares?

Have fun with another 6 years of "nothing new" and keep funding Nintendo's festival of mediocrity - they're your "saviours of the industry" after all. ;O;

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

19. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
    Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

20. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

gamefan5 and Foxi4 like this.