The @ notification feature won't work...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used it before in the past but now I can't seem to use it.

@[member='tj_cool']

I seem to remember never being able to use it when I edited it in on an existing post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :(

EDIT: Okay, I'm not doing anything wrong, but I still don't think it'll work when I edit it in.

@tj_cool

EDIT: Nope. :(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't work in edits, because if it did it would send a notification again for any original tags, which will obviously still be there when the edit is done.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work in edits, because if it did it would send a notification again for any original tags, which will obviously still be there when the edit is done.
I can see that. However I think that this problem diminishes it's usefulness. I've encountered many occasions where I wanted to mention another person, or when I added more to a post, and wanted someone to look at it. That raises another question though. Why when you quote a post then edit it won't the edited quote send another notification to the person you quoted it. Doesn't the quote notifications work similarly to the mention notifications?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't see this is a problem, it's just how it works.

If it did allow you to do this, the person or people would get sent a notification every time you edit.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see that. However I think that this problem diminishes it's usefulness. I've encountered many occasions where I wanted to mention another person, or when I added more to a post, and wanted someone to look at it. That raises another question though. Why when you quote a post then edit it won't the edited quote send another notification to the person you quoted it. Doesn't the quote notifications work similarly to the mention notifications?
I honestly have no idea what you're asking, sorry. I think you mean if you edit a post with a quote in it, it will send another notification to the person quoted? I didn't think it worked that way.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's pretty much what you're saying about the mention notification. Why doesn't it work that way with the quote notification? They'd both be in the edited post and both send notifications.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah. There's times when I go to write a post, it won't work. And the post wouldn't have been edited.
Mentions only work on it's own line
Example:
@[member='Costello'] is my lover!
@[member='Costello']
is my lover!

edit: ok, maybe i lied. Costello must've fixed it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.