The Nintendo Switch to get Telltale's The Walking Dead Season One, Season Two and A New Frontier

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Aug 21, 2018.

Front-page
    art_walking-to-dairy-lores_with-logo-450x253.

While Nintendo's handheld-home console hybrid recently received The Walking Dead: The Final Season, with new episodes to hit during the year, you might be happy to hear that you will be able to play the previous additions to the series on the console soon. Telltale Games announced today that The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season will launch on the console on August 28 and will include all five episodes and 400 Days for $24.99 USD.

Alongside this piece of news, the company added today that The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will both come to Switch later this year. More information regarding those titles will be available in the coming months.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Discussion (16 replies)
  1. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It's raining ports, hallelujah, it's raining ports, amen!

Treeko, Exaltys, chirogan and 5 others like this.
  2. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    At least, it's a well deserved ports, this serie is just awesome (at least the firt 2 seaons, i never really got into season 3 yet, but i will get to it! )

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I’ve bought the first 3 several times. I’m using cdnsp for these this time

4. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Really hope these games make it on a Game Card soon. Would love to have the entire collection on my shelf!

5. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Played the first and second seasons. Pretty good games, and to make things clear, I love zombies, but I hate the live action series of this shit. But this games are really good and better than that trash.

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Play the walking dead seasons 1 and 2, skip a new frontier, and go straight to the final season.

7. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    VA-11 Hall-A
    Never got into this and was hoping they would release the original stuff on switch so I could get caught up, awesome.

8. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    24.99 for the first season

Meanwhile Xbox One/Ps4 versions have all the seasons + DLC for 30 dollars

THANK YOU NINTENDO AND TELLTALE FOR YOUR KINDNESS

/s

chirogan likes this.
  9. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    Never played those but I love the tv show
    Spoiler about Season 9
    Are they good? meh? bad?

10. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Yeah once again too expensive for any kind of double dipping (or triple in this case, think I've got them on Xbox and PSN)
    ...But if you've never played them before, then yeah buy by all means! Season 1 remains my fave (up to now)

11. KasaiWolf

KasaiWolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2013
    Scotland
    Love the Walking Dead games. Just played the first part of Final Season yesterday and it had me hooked as always.

12. LightyKD

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I played and finished Seasons one and two on my OUYA. Gotta finish up season 3 on PC. As much as I want the entire story in one place, the pricing seems brutal. I prefer to have all my games in game card format since my wife and I share games. Really hope Tell Tale considers making a "complete collection".

13. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    wasnt there a michon one too? anyone both are good games but were free already for steam and ps4 i think

14. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Not a fan of these Telltale films TV shows. (Seriously don't do a second run of any of there games, your actions if succed have almost no effect at all and gameplay-wise they also aren't good)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 22, 2018
  15. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Saint's row the third...walking dead... Nintendo REALLY shakes off their reputation of only having kids' games. :P

Yes, it's yet another port. But as long as it's this kind of quality stuff, you don't hear me complaining. :)

Never free on steam, to my knowledge, but at the very least part of 2 humble telltale bundles (with at least season 1 in the 1 dollar tier). First episode is free on android, though.
    Can't say anything on PS4, as I don't follow the platform.

16. LightyKD

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Michonne did get her own Walking Dead game. It's short, three episodes I believe but its pretty decent. I hope that also makes it over the Switch.