The Nintendo Switch SDK has been leaked

in-switch-un-sdk-de-la-nintendo-switch-leake-1.jpg

Someone posted on /hbg/ a link to the Switch SDK. I don't know if it's the actual SDK or not because I have no use for it but I thought people would like to know or some shit.

EDIT: For the uninitiated, the leak has been confirmed real by SciresM and others. Go nuts.
EDIT 2: The SDK has appeared on many different warez sites.
EDIT 3: Stop asking me for links. I'm not gonna go dig out the link for you. Besides, someone on /hbg/ said the original link is down.

Last edited by Silent Hell,
D

Deleted User

Keys are different, plus you need to have some program on the Switch to install your application. This would be something like DevMenu or BigBlueMenu on 3DS.
SysConfigTool, old name for their DevMenu... (It was used in Wii U) It was shown in that failed Spanish trailer afaik. Now, let's search for a damn DevKit since I'm really sure that somebody broke DMA and sold their DevKit already.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cemu is the Wii U's emulator. I'd fucking love having a emulator for the Switch to run and test homebrew on, wouldn't you? System Config Tool is also a tool that's needed for things that can't be done any way else (that's public in a homebrew app) such as deleting users on the fly, installing apps with a nice GUI, and a lot of other nice settings to have. Having a SDK is a good tool to have to understand a console more in depth. The SDK docs provide a LOT of information on how various things work on the console. Also, you don't need a devkit to use it. Explain how I've used the Wii Us SDK to pack and repack a shit ton of apps while keeping it in a format that's fine for upload on GBATemp and calling mine? The SDK might (I haven't looked) contain the Dev Common Key which can allow us to decrypt a bunch of shit we can download from CDN to look into the system more.
Again you miss the point, the Switch SDK is useless to most people. It's not like i'm saying it's completely useless, it's that it's useless to most people. We're not all programmers. Hence.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysConfigTool, old name for their DevMenu... (It was used in Wii U) It was shown in that failed Spanish trailer afaik. Now, let's search for a damn DevKit since I'm really sure that somebody broke DMA and sold their DevKit already.
Even if you are able to sell the devkits to a new unlicensed Nintendo dev user, they can't do anything with it. The devkit is locked down, until you activate it on the server Nintendo handles. Once activated, the SDK then needs to verify if your devkit and the generated SDK key matches the one registered on Nintendo, before it you're able to even see the functions and codes.

Again, useless for those who are able to get one, but can't register it to access the SDK.

D

Deleted User

Even if you are able to sell the devkits to a new unlicensed Nintendo dev user, they can't do anything with it. The devkit is locked down, until you activate it on the server Nintendo handles. Once activated, the SDK then needs to verify if your devkit and the generated SDK key matches the one registered on Nintendo, before it you're able to even see the functions and codes.

Again, useless for those who are able to get one, but can't register it to access the SDK.
I don't have any facts to argue with, but I'm doubtful on this. After installing the SDK on my machine, I decided to be brave/stupid and attempt to update the SDK using my Nintendo Developer Portal account. Surprisingly enough everything worked fine and updated as you would expect. Nintendo has been much better this round with security, but that seems like a glaring oversight to me.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any facts to argue with, but I'm doubtful on this. After installing the SDK on my machine, I decided to be brave/stupid and attempt to update the SDK using my Nintendo Developer Portal account. Surprisingly enough everything worked fine and updated as you would expect. Nintendo has been much better this round with security, but that seems like a glaring oversight to me.

What version is it updated to?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Again you miss the point, the Switch SDK is useless to most people. It's not like i'm saying it's completely useless, it's that it's useless to most people. We're not all programmers. Hence.
You said it's nothing great. But for some people its a big leap forward into understanding the system.
We can't until someone gets an EDEV,
Authoring Tool(basically like 3Ds Makerom) doesn't have the Dev Keys in it {Nintendo seems to be getting smarter} You need to Connect an EDEV to Master an image with the RSA keys at least, so no Dev common key :c
And we can't go into the updated because it's encrypted.
hi dad

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

Someone should upload this to the galaxy most resilient bittorrent site, so it won't get taken down down every time.
Nice idea. Will probably do that when I will have some time.
But on other hand, I will be chased down by Nintendo ninja's.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We can't until someone gets an EDEV,
Authoring Tool(basically like 3Ds Makerom) doesn't have the Dev Keys in it {Nintendo seems to be getting smarter} You need to Connect an EDEV to Master an image with the RSA keys at least, so no Dev common key :c
And we can't go into the updated because it's encrypted.

Nintendo now uses AES-128-XTS with a 2-Key initialisation system, the dev keys are there, but like the 3ds, we are missing the hardware key scrambler.
NcaBodyEncryptionKey1, NcaBodyEncryptionKey2, NcaHeaderEncryptionKey1, NcaHeaderEncryptionKey2, KeyAreaEncryptionKey_Slot0 and the NCA/NRR RSA Keys can be dumped from the AuthoringTool.

Authoring Tool can also use a Retail Switch, but then it uses HSM-AES-128-XTS together with a Luna Client, maybe only nintendo has that hardware.

D

Deleted User

If anyone wants to.... Ahem..... "Help" me find a copy of the sdk, feel free to contact me. I can't find it on my own it seems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad