Firmware The Nintendo Switch gets a new firmware update to version 9.0.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Oct 1, 2019.

1. praedo

praedo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    Confirmed: it's safe to upgrade from 9.0 to 9.0.1

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you using SXOS 2.9.1?

guily6669 likes this.
  2. OneAngryGamer

OneAngryGamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2019
    United States
    Have you tried installing NSP'S? Which version of Goldleaf are you using if it installs smoothly?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have you tried it smiley?

3. praedo

praedo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    I install NSPs from SXOS installer. Works fine.

guily6669 likes this.
  4. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Wish was that Nvidia would screw nintendo again, I'd sell my almost non used hacked switch with a custom ON\OFF button in the joy-con and upgrade right away for the new one with double the battery time (I even wonder how much OC the new unit could take since it uses way less power so less heat and probably way more room for OC even without cooling mods and the new improved ram which has been downclocked to match the older model already shows better performance on a few games, I wonder with a ram OC the new one would perform much better), but I guess this time won't be easy :wink:...

However it seems there's still other exploits on the hardware level affecting many architectures, ARM, AMD\INTEL X86\X64 and if investigated more deeply probably most architectures will have some kind of exploit waiting to be found, but I don't think any of them matter to have a full hack at the moment anyway, while on a PC specially with wind10 might lead to catastrophic problems with all the security gone, on the switch locked environment OS is a very different thing:sad:...
    Nice, thks for the info

Last edited by guily6669, Oct 2, 2019
  5. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    Lol no
    I don't use SX
    Smileyface

6. Glitchk0ud1001

Glitchk0ud1001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere with Princess Unikitty
    yee im still on 7.0

7. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    I'll have some of whatever he's smoking

Watered down? Have you played many Switch titles? Can you tell me how exactly some of them are watered down?

Seems like you're thinking of it as the new "Pokemon player"... And even though they're making some stupid decisions with Sword and Shield I wouldn't necessarily call that watered down either.

Oh no, dangerously close to being off topic.. hmmm... My Joycons uhhh don't come off by themselves anymore because of all the stability? Something about the kickstand being more sturdy? dankswitchupdatememe.jpeg?

That covers it

8. PawsofHorror

PawsofHorror Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Greece
    The graphics are worse than 3ds and gameplay is terrible hence why they feel like mobile games

9. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    .Are you just looking at the indie games on the eShop or something like that? Because, well... Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. You're saying Mario Kart 7 looks better than that?

10. raminrafat

raminrafat Suspended

Suspended
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    Is sxos 2.9 beta supports this new firmware ( 9.0.1) ???

11. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Come on, you know that Breath of the Wild is just a watered down Wii U port, so of course it's way more watered down than android games!

Dax_Fame, Rahkeesh and banjo2 like this.
  12. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Not sure if troll but... You are criticizing the Zeld, so... (Fanboy engaged)

BROOO FUUUUUUUUCCC......

Realistically speaking, I was a little disappointed with botw... By no means a terrible game... A lot of promise, a solid engine but it's like a very tiny bit of peanut butter spread over a very, very large cracker.

It took my second playthrough, after I had taken off my rose tinted glasses, to realize I wasn't having that much fun doing shrine after shrine. I also wasn't driven to find interesting quirky characters or complete side quests like in the games before. I felt it lacked the depth of the other entries...

Fail troll is fail. No one can be this stupid.

Last edited by Dax_Fame, Oct 6, 2019 - Reason: Merge post
  13. PawsofHorror

PawsofHorror Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Greece
    I never liked Zelda and Mario (look too childish) so I can't say if they are bad games

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted