Gaming The Nintendo Online Paid Subscription might end up being worth it.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,778
  • Replies 113
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
What we know so far:
  • It'll cost about $20 yearly
  • Free monthly games are only monthly rentals
  • Voice-chat will be done via a smartphone app
  • This online paid service will come in fruition during Summer 2017 or later
And so on.

I'm not in the least optimistic about it but as I imagine I'll be playing Mario Kart 8: Deluxe for years to come, if Nintendo handles this properly then most customers will be happy to pay for it. Changing things such as, rental to keeping the games (as long as you're a paid member) and voice-chat via the console (the Original Xbox and PS2 both had voice-chat so don't tell me the Switch can't handle it).

And one thing that's extremely lacking right now... the eShop! The eShop is so bare-bones that I hope it becomes meaty, organised and more popular by the time Nintendo starts charging us to play online.

I know, for $20 you can't expect a whole lot but those things are pretty standard to have in today's gaming world so Nintendo shouldn't get a pass if they end up charging and having an online shitty service.

16 days to go 'till MK8D is out (yes, I'm super thrilled for the big day and I'll go straight to online play). :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Voice-chat will be done via a smartphone app
Nice, i'll have to battle with my endless rebooting phone which doesn't like overheating at all.
If they will make a VC app root-protected again then i will...

Oh sorry, i went a bit off-topic there. My guess will be that "This app is incompatible with your device" so i will be unable to even use that feature. Nintendo keeps pulling shit like that when it comes to Android devices.

D

Deleted User

OP
Nintendo thinks too highly of themselves.

What's to play online with Nintendo consoles? Smash and Mario Kart? utter nonsense.

Gooduck with that Nintendo.
I never use online features, if i want multiplayer, i play on PC.
Unless a game is so good that multiplayer is a must, but it's not for now.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we know so far:
  • It'll cost about $20 yearly
  • Free monthly games are only monthly rentals
  • Voice-chat will be done via a smartphone app
  • This online paid service will come in fruition during Summer 2017 or later
This sounds like anything else but worth it.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo thinks too highly of themselves.

What's to play online with Nintendo consoles? Smash and Mario Kart? utter nonsense.

Gooduck with that Nintendo.
I don't play Mario Kart (online or offline) and Smash lags too much.

However, Splatoon and MH need online and can be done right.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

OP
PC is worse. Hackers everywhere, literally EVERY SINGLE GAME.

That's why i pay for PSPlus and have no problems with it.
No offence but term "Hackers everywhere" is a bad lie commonly used by noobs which can't even kill anyone. I play most games on PC, even in multiplayer and i can't even catch a single hackers unless you're playing on "SEA" servers.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
This sounds like anything else but worth it.
The voice-chat via the smartphone app, this bit can be done with any sort of app out there that offers the same. There's nothing "premium" about this.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offence but term "Hackers everywhere" is a bad lie commonly used by noobs which can't even kill anyone. I play most games on PC, even in multiplayer and i can't even catch a single hackers unless you're playing on "SEA" servers.
uh...yeah ok man.

Blizzard locks down Overwatch, and it's still hacked, and that's Blizzard other developers don't even try.

But sure whatever you say.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Totally, i enable my highly advanced aimbot copied from pastebin :D
You and everyone else that plays any FPS on PC does aswell. Why pretend to joke about it?

D

Deleted User

OP
uh...yeah ok man.

Blizzard locks down Overwatch, and it's still hacked, and that's Blizzard other developers don't even try.

But sure whatever you say.
"WIDOWMAKR HAS X-RAY ABILITY, I CALL HACKS!
I DON'T CARE IT'S HER ULTIMATE, IT'S THE HACKS! AIMBOT, TRIGGERBOT EVERYWTHING POSSIBL!" - Steam Community 2017
I never saw a cheater in Overwatch either, lol.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"WIDOWMAKR HAS X-RAY ABILITY, I CALL HACKS!
I DON'T CARE IT'S HER ULTIMATE, IT'S THE HACKS! AIMBOT, TRIGGERBOT EVERYWTHING POSSIBL!" - Steam Community 2017
I never saw a cheater in Overwatch either, lol.
No hacks are shooting through walls with regularity, not being able to die ETC..but once again sure man whatever you say.

I've never played a PC game online without hackers.

D

Deleted User

OP
You and everyone else that plays any FPS on PC does aswell. Why pretend to joke about it?
Hey, atleast we don't have automatic target lock-on or aim assist like most console FPS games.
We have to manually aim, without help of anything :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've never played a PC game online without hackers.
Game name?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The voice-chat via the smartphone app, this bit can be done with any sort of app out there that offers the same. There's nothing "premium" about this.
It's not just that, they are forcing you to use a phone for a feature that should be IN the console.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: