MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
original.jpg
One of the best values in gaming gets even better on May 20, when Nintendo drops the price of the DSi to $99.99, with its larger sibling the DSi XL at $129.99.
That's a $50 drop over current retail, with the $149.99 DSi's price effectively slashed by 33 percent.

Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Both of those handhelds should no longer be manufactured - there is no need for them, what's left in stores now should be enough for all those interested in getting one. We already blocked a 1-year overlap between the DSi family and the 3DS, I think it's long enough.

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Both of those handhelds should no longer be manufactured - there is no need for them, what's left in stores now should be enough for all those interested in getting one. We already blocked a 1-year overlap between the DSi family and the 3DS, I think it's long enough.
They're still releasing games on the DS like Black and White 2 and whit this price drop will live a lil more so I would give the DS 1 more year

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They're still releasing games on the DS like Black and White 2 and whit this price drop will live a lil more so I would give the DS 1 more year
The 3DS is compatible with DS games, ergo there's no love for the DS and DSi families. The Advance killed the Colour, the DS killed the Advance, the 3DS should kill the DS and hardware efforts should be focused on 3DS production. Pushing the DSi a year after the 3DS has been released is pointless - produce it until you run out of parts, Big N - no longer. That is, unless you are planning to release a novelty item or edition like the Micro - sort of a "goodbye DSi" gift for the fans. That I approve of.

Reactions: 3 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a pretty attractive price. Of course it's not part of Nintendo's own contingency but a nice DSi for $99, a good flashcart with memory for around $20-25, that's a lot of happy gaming to be had.

Not that I need another DSi.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whats the DSi XL price? Does it get a price drop as well?

If it does... i might pick one up!
Read the article, it's gonna be $129.99

It should really be $114.99 if you ask me, the DSi XL surely doesn't cost that much more to manufacturer, right? It's just a few larger components, a bit more plastic.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
the ds is still selling so why not
whats wrong with companies still supporting their hardware?? sony still does with ps2.

Reactions: 2 people

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS is compatible with DS games, ergo there's no love for the DS and DSi families. The Advance killed the Colour, the DS killed the Advance, the 3DS should kill the DS and hardware efforts should be focused on 3DS production. Pushing the DSi a year after the 3DS has been released is pointless - produce it until you run out of parts, Big N - no longer. That is, unless you are planning to release a novelty item or edition like the Micro - sort of a "goodbye DSi" gift for the fans. That I approve of.
The DS UserBase is HUGE it has even outsold the PS2 they can't just kill a successful hardware like that and they are making profit of it. Sony still selling the PS2 and PSP...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the ds is still selling so why not
whats wrong with companies still supporting their hardware?? sony still does with ps2.
Sony no longer makes PS2's, the rest of what they have is being embedded into Bravia TV's, but I do admit that the PS2 also overstayed its welcome. Those DS sales could've been 3DS sales - whenever I go to a game store I see shelves full of DS and DSi units gathering dust... It's decomposing. Support of hardware does not involve making more of it - it involves repairs and releasing compatible software. It's been a year, let it die with dignity. :)

EDIT: You mean the E-Street? That's a travesty that should not be and something that I will criticize Sony for. How dare they release a product inferior in every way to its predecessors and demand money for it? That was a low blow and a clear "we're getting rid of our chips stock" one at that. Disgusting piece of crap for collectors only. Oh my, Foxi criticizing Sony? The end is nigh... :P

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony no longer makes PS2's, the rest of what they have is being embedded into Bravia TV's, but I do admit that the PS2 also overstayed its welcome. Those DS sales could've been 3DS sales - whenever I go to a game store I see shelves full of DS and DSi units gathering dust... It's decomposing. Support of hardware does not involve making more of it - it involves repairs and releasing compatible software. It's been a year, let it die with dignity. :)

EDIT: You mean the E-Street? That's a travesty that should not be and something that I will criticize Sony for. How dare they release a product inferior in every way to its predecessors and demand money for it? That was a low blow and a clear "we're getting rid of our chips stock" one at that. Disgusting piece of crap for collectors only. Oh my, Foxi criticizing Sony? The end is nigh... :P
They never stopped producing them. They're still being manufactured. The DS Lite is still in production too :D

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is still good news. There are a lot of great DS games and to play them in their native resolution is definitely the right way.

I might even consider getting one because my regular DS doesn't know WPA Wifi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one