The Nintendo 3DS has a new firmware update available in the form of v11.12.0-44

336cdb04-b468-4ef8-afb6-2b28286e513a_1.9e460a28e6b3f543324d615db62522a6.jpeg

It's stability time! A brand new update is out, for the Nintendo 3DS. Firmware version 11.12.0-44 has just released, bringing with it...well, no one knows exactly what it brings with it just yet. The yls8 page shows the update having gone out for most regions tonight, but Nintendo's official website hasn't updated to show the changelog (and obvious stability additions) as of the time of writing. What we do currently know is, a handful of titles have been updated thanks to this new firmware, including NVer, CVer, StreetPass, friends system-module, NATIVE_FIRM and Web browser data. More information will be added as things become more clear.

UPDATE: And to no one's surprise, here are the patch notes from Nintendo:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Currently, Luma still boots, but is not confirmed to be 100% working, while other homebrew and CFW are being tested.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Nintendo Support Site

guia_curioso_nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unlock 3ds last version -44

Hello friends, I have two 3ds one unlocked and one locked. the unlocked updates 3ds to the latest version 11.10.0-44 and it worked cool.
Already what was not unlocked I updated and could not unlock, luma does not open for installation.
Is anyone going through this? Have you found a way to unlock the new version?

D

Deleted-236924

Back on topic: I went from 11.9.0-42u (which it shipped with) to 11.10.4-43u a few nights ago using the guide at 3ds.hacks.guide and have updated to 11.12.0-44 today without issue. I'm not one to turn my back on additional stability, even when I didn't ask for it.

Mine came with 8.1 (2DS), that was last December. Which is really nice for those looking for an easy mod.

Soukai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, just want to be sure how to update my 3ds. Im running Luma3ds 10.0.0.1. Do I just update through the official updater from nintendo? Do I have to mod everything again? speaking of NDS widescreen patch, custom bootscreen, etc? thank you in advance.

Edit: Looked up myself. Backuped Sysnand in Godmod9 for safety reasons and updated. Everything works...

Last edited by Soukai,
Reactions: PokeNev

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just surprised there’s no 3ds working from a terrible accident, you know that game boy that was still working after something happened and Nintendo brags about it and has it on public display. You know since it’s so “stable” and all.

guia_curioso_nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi i have problems in godmode9 my slider is moving automatically (alone) in gm9 and so i have no way to do the sequence. The bug only happens in gm9. Anyone have an idea or have gone through it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi