The Ni no Kuni movie will debut on Netflix next week

ninokunimovienetflix-600x449.jpg

Just around this time last year, Level-5 and Warner Bros. JP announced that they would be working on a film for the Ni no Kuni series, featuring a unique, separate story from the games. The movie is written by Level-5's CEO, Akihiro Hino, who was also in charge of the scriptwriting both of the Ni no Kuni video games. While the film was animated by OLM, the studio behind other anime adaptations of Level-5 properties such as Inazuma Eleven and Yo-kai Watch, it was directed by ex-Studio Ghibli member Yoshiyuki Momose, with music done by another former Ghibli member, composer Joe Hisaishi. Fans in Japan managed to watch the debut of the film all the way back in last August, but as of this week, Netflix has picked up the rights to show the movie in the USA and UK. Simply titled Ni no Kuni, it'll be available on the streaming service on January 16th, in both subbed and dubbed format.

:arrow: Source

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If I remember it right, this one flopped pretty bad in Japan's movie theathers. Even Detective Pikachu did many times better than this in its first week in Japan, so I can see why they did choose the streaming service in here.

I will watch this one, but I don't really have high hopes for this, but who knows. I didn't have any hopes for Klaus and that one ended to be one of the best movie for years.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dislike the fact that there's basically one face for all characters.
Seriously, couldn't they add a bit more variety to the features?

Reactions: DKB

_abysswalker_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you're a fan of the game It makes for a decent movie - some obscure references to the game throughout that made me chuckle. Definitely not the magic and adventure one can get from Wrath of the Witch.

Reactions: Ericzander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.