The next step??

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Digeman, Apr 19, 2008.

Apr 19, 2008

The next step?? by Digeman at 8:35 PM (1,399 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Alright people don't diss me now if what i'm asking is really noobish but, when noticing a girl's hitting on you, like i dunno, constantly looking at you at a party, laughing over stuff you say even though you didn't say anything remotely funny, talking to you constantly etc etc. what's the next step after that? [​IMG] Once i talk to a girl and i notice she's hitting on me, my brain freezes. I have absolutely no idea what to do cuz i don't exactly know what she's expecting me to do or what she wants me to do. And i don't wanna make the girl feel like i'm all over her or pressure her or anything, so i never do anything.....which always results in nothing happening [​IMG] (well exept the times the girls take the next step [​IMG] )

So this question goes out to the few girls on this forum, what do you want the guy to do if you're into him? (and given some sign that you're into him [​IMG] )

2. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Umm, show some interest as well? If she likes you she's not gonna want to be ignored.

3. CrystalSweet

Member CrystalSweet GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    hmm well if i liked a guy,
    i would probably try to approach him and flirt a little
    try to get to know him a little,
    laugh at all the jokes he made [​IMG]
    and see if he seemed like he was interested
    i.e. flirted back
    and if it seemed like he wasnt, i would just leave before i got embarrassed.

4. Digeman
    OP

Sweden
    But that's the thing, i don't exactly know how i'm supposed to show that back [​IMG] Like i said, my brain freezes xD

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Maybe ask like how they're doing and crap. Maybe save the personal questions for later, when you are more comfortable.

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Just be a witty git and flirt a bit to start off with and when you notice that she's comfortable with you then you should start asking her about her.

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    You're either having these "freezes" because you're not trying hard enough or you're just not that interested in her. Generally having something in common will mean that there's alot more for you to talk about. It's also good to show that you're interested in her too so flirt with her alittle and ask for a dance or a drink.

8. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Just try to be close to her, touch her hands now and then, keep looking at her eyes a little longer than needed, little stuff like that is something she can notice, and answer to.
    If you keep doing that it would be only a matter time, trust me.

9. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    (No yanks are responding with something meaningful to this post. Just an observation.)

10. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    including this one ^

11. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    make some light convo....if she shows shes into you then just bite the bullett and ask her on a date. See what she says

12. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    First of all, the biggest solution to your problem is to grow some balls. If you can't, drink testosterone. It seems the men today are losing their masculinity and boldness due to increase in estrogen because of the things we eat. If you don't want to grow man boobs, then I would suggest building up courage and go for it. I'm not suggesting you to do anything too bold like whipping your cock out and rape her in public, just enough to get her into a good conversation. Tell her what your interests are, ask what she is interested in. At that rate, you should feel much more comfortable, and carry on from there.

13. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Well if you don't know her at all, then you should get to know her a bit better. Then you can invite her to come with you to a movie or something.

i.e. You? [​IMG]

14. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    (No yanks AT ALL. But I'd say go for it. It's a pretty organic process of exchanging information, testing the waters. No biggie, really. We're creatures that crave for information, so know more about the person than anything else. If you both agree to something more physical immediately, then go ahead.)

15. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    This is coming from a guy, so girls step up and tell me if I'm wrong please...but this is how I see it...

If you are talking to her and she is talking back. If she is laughing and carrying on with you and glancing your way just keep talking to her. I agree with not knowing what to do sometimes when you are just talking back and forth and don't know how to make things progress.

My advice is, in a non-creepy non pressuring way you need to find a way to make physical contact with her some how. It can be really brief and subtle but it might do the trick. The words may break the ice but a small touch could just about melt her. Its also a good way to know if she is interested or not. Generally if she is just playing nice she will shy away from the contact, but if she is interested in you she will make an effort to touch you back somehow.

Girls are more comfortable touching than being touched so her reaction, touching you back or not will determine what is really going on.

You just need to find a creative way and a non-threating way to touch her. Maybe you hand her a drink make sure you brush her hand alittle with yours. Maybe you give her a playful one-arm sidehug.

And when you do touch her try to look her in the eyes while you do, chances are she will be surprised and reveal through her eyes how she feels. If she is also looking at your eyes she will know that you are touching her on purpose and this will embolden her to make her own contact.

And believe it or not....this applies to girl to boy, boy to girl or homosexual relationships if you please.

I know I feel alot more relaxed if the girl makes some sort of contact with me first, I'm like you, not much of an initiator.

16. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Just talk. Walk up and talk to her, just start the conversation if you think that she is hitting on you just start talking, there is no problem in taking a chance. Everyone gets shut down once. As for me I have gotten shut down many but I still try.

17. Digeman
    OP

Sweden
    Even though i feel like your advice and intention is good and honest, it still (for me atleast) seems like it's a little bit...how should put it...."calculated", what i mean is it's to layed up, too planned before head, and if you're forcing yourself to do something that doesn't really feel "natural" then it shouldn't be done.