www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The Next GBAtemp.net Tournament

Will be...

image.php
Tetris DS!
I'm pleased to announce the next official GBAtemp Tournament will be Tetris DS.
Futher details will be announced sooner to the tournament date, which has not yet been decided.
smile.gif

Stay tuned!
OH! And please tell all your friends!
yaynds.gif

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Woot! This is JUST what I've been waiting for! Sign me up!
smile.gif

EDIT: I really hope that I'll have a wifi connection in the new town I'll be staying for the next 4 months for work...cause otherwise I won't be able to participate. Let's hope I do
smile.gif
heheh

Btw, is it only going to be normal mode for the tournament? Cause personally, I feel that PUSH mode is better suited for "fighting" style play. Although, we'll probably end up going with the 4 player mode, and 2 of the players are judges who just watch the other 2...

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This sounds great, but please, oh please oh please, make it a one day tournament as Qrayzie suggested. You could have more than one that way.
smile.gif

Also, you don't necessarily have to have huge prizes. You could negotiate, for example, $20 gift certificates for popular shops like Kick Trading instead of huge prizes such as M3's. If someone won multiple tournaments, they'd get multiple certificates which would add up to a big prize.
wink.gif

Anyway, please give some consideration to my ideas.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A one day tournament would be EXTREMELY hectec and hard to do. Especially with the ammount of people that would be in it. Remember Mario Kart was 200+ peoples? I'm just glad that I can be in the running this time.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, Tetris tournament, eh? Well, Tetris is a really fun game. It's the kind of game anyone can enjoy, even if they're not a "skilled" gamer. The simplicity of Tetris is what makes it so enjoyable. No fancy blaster guns, or hit points, just blocks in a box. It takes me back to my baby days (not that I remember being a baby, but still!)
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A one day tournament would be EXTREMELY hectec and hard to do. Especially with the ammount of people that would be in it. Remember Mario Kart was 200+ peoples? I'm just glad that I can be in the running this time.
It doesn't have to be 200 people. It could be a number of separate tournaments organized by region, so that everyone is awake at the same time. In fact, this is probably the best way to conduct such a thing.

Having a one day tournament also merits use of IRC for organization and communication, since everything would be going on fast.

I think it could totally work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs