OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_multiplayer.jpg

Along with new entries in the Raving Rabbids, Ghost Recon, and Driver series, Ubisoft has revealed that its fiscal year 2010-11 lineup will include a new entry in the Assassin's Creed series - with online multiplayer.

Ubisoft pulled out the big guns today to help make up for the downward financial outlook for fiscal year 2009-10, dropping franchise names left and right in order to paint a rosier picture for the coming year. One of those names is Assassin's Creed, with the next installment featuring online multiplayer - a first for the series.

From the press release:

"The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode."

So how do you take a stealth-action game like Assassin's Creed II and make it multiplayer? Put your speculation hats on, ladies and gentlemen, and fill the comment section with your wisdom. I'll start things off: Tag, you're dead.
Source.

Surprised they have announced the next Assassins Creed so soon after II was released.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
one guy plays the assassin and has the hide in the city, other people play guards and have to find and kill him.

Reverse hide and seek, really.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The picture reminds me of

opticali(3).jpg

except how many legs do the assassins have? (I counted 8 for five assassins)

I'm obsessed with the PS3 assassin's creed games Can't wait

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
how much crap are they going to milk out from a dead cow?

Assassin's Creed has had two main games and 3 spin-offs. I've seen more milked cows, trust me.

But as for the online multiplayer, it's not uncommon. I mean, Metal Gear Solid is a stealth action game and MGO was pretty successful, especially in MGS4.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this should be interesting, i did like the 1st two games, though the 2nd was a lot shorter n easier imo. n when i finished the 2nd one i was ready for the next, haha, hope it will be good =D

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Oohh...I've got a few ideas. I'm a big fan of the game, would love multiplayer in it but I don't think it will ignite to be honest. To me, the multiplayer will feel Phantom Hourglass-ish... but that's just me. Here are my ideas:

1. Some of the missions from Assassin's Creed 2 such as race with thieves and capturing the flag would be very fun. Those carnival minigames would be awesome too.
2. I guess they can pull a Pokemon Underground and everyone can be in one city where people will take bases and try to take home treasure without being detected. An assassination = loss of money to the killed guy.
3. Co-op...end of
smile.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
jalaneme said:

Assassin's Creed has had two main games and 3 spin-offs. I've seen more milked cows, trust me.

But as for the online multiplayer, it's not uncommon. I mean, Metal Gear Solid is a stealth action game and MGO was pretty successful, especially in MGS4.
They had guns...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Guild McCommunist said:
jalaneme said:

They had guns...
And Assassin's Creed has blades, whats your point? They both have to do with steath and taking action to complete your objective. Just think of the same gameplay as MGO only with swords and other weapons. Besides, they did say that maybe the next game will take place in World War or Civil War. I don't remember which ones but that just means it will have guns.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
"The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode."
Sod Assassin's Creed, what about bringing Rayman back. As much as I enjoyed Rabbids Go Home I want a new proper Rayman.

Also as for Driver...spend time on revitalising it or don't bother.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
I don't see Activision written all over it...

QUOTE(darkcrudus @ Jan 13 2010, 09:43 PM) this should be interesting, i did like the 1st two games, though the 2nd was a lot shorter n easier imo. n when i finished the 2nd one i was ready for the next, haha, hope it will be good =D
I actually struggled with William of Montferrat...But the second one had a lot of big improvements...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
one guy plays the assassin and has the hide in the city, other people play guards and have to find and kill him.

Reverse hide and seek, really.

Or if they move the setting forward, you'd getting things like dual assassinations like a sniper cover, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1