Homebrew The newest update could be bad news for some

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Villain has been fully functionally in the past 24 hours since I've last used it
Thx for the info. I dunno what Nintendo plans to do about piracy in the future. I guess I'm SORT OF OK with this if it means they are still making GOOD games for the system. I've kinda run out of content :L

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you Waluigi, you're my favourite character of all them. :)
What about poor Luigi?....

Jk XD

foxtochop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thx for the info. I dunno what Nintendo plans to do about piracy in the future. I guess I'm SORT OF OK with this if it means they are still making GOOD games for the system. I've kinda run out of content :L
If, in the future, they still allow personal copies of legally owned cartridges, which are essentially and literally .cias, they will not be able to tell the diference. AFAIK.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Villain has been fully functionally in the past 24 hours since I've last used it

Same here except for downloads getting corrupted (which is fortunately caught with a bad checksum error so no cia is built) if you try to download more than three games at once. Though it likely won't stay working for very long so get everything you think you might want now.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here except for downloads getting corrupted (which is fortunately caught with a bad checksum error so no cia is built) if you try to download more than three games at once. Though it likely won't stay working for very long so get everything you think you might want now.
I also got this error, but redownloading corrupted content seemed to fix the issue, as mentioned above Idk how long villain and freeshop like clients will still be able to download content.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I also got this error, but redownloading corrupted content seemed to fix the issue, as mentioned above Idk how long villain and freeshop like clients will still be able to download content.

I find that not downloading more than three games/titles at once makes it happen much less often. I find that if I don't limit simultaneous downloads then it will rapidly get to the point where the only fix is to close it and delete everything in the raw folder otherwise everything will fail from then on.

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys. Someone mentioned to avoid sleep downloads with freeshop, what does that mean exactly? Should we avoid freeshop altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well there is the option to download your games while your system is in sleep mode and that sends nintendo the data to get you banned so better not use freeshop get your cias online and download them with fbi or get villian3ds

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I understand correctly the risk is to connect with freeshop and download games.

Can you confirm please if I am ok. I have nothing to install just hax for homebrew launcher

Can hax like steelhax or RPGhax be detected?

-But the homebrew launcher is on?
and these applications

-JKSM or other to edit by injecting or extracting backups. The Games will be you ok online or restrictions I would like to know with the free to play as pokemon shuffle or kirby team .... because having an advanced backup with few games temp .... and example for pokemon if I changed my backup legit therefore pokemon possible.

-thenaya to make Ntag215

-emulators

-homebrew to have 300 coin

-PCHex ++ to modify the pokemon backup

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I understand correctly the risk is to connect with freeshop and download games.

Can you confirm please if I am ok. I have nothing to install just hax for homebrew launcher

Can hax like steelhax or RPGhax be detected?

-But the homebrew launcher is on?
and these applications

-JKSM or other to edit by injecting or extracting backups. The Games will be you ok online or restrictions I would like to know with the free to play as pokemon shuffle or kirby team .... because having an advanced backup with few games temp .... and example for pokemon if I changed my backup legit therefore pokemon possible.

-thenaya to make Ntag215

-emulators

-homebrew to have 300 coin

-PCHex ++ to modify the pokemon backup
if you just use homebrew and dont have cfw you are fine

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I can continu to edit my save and use homebrew launcher because I dont have a cfw? are your sure or is't only you think? thanks for your fast answer
I dont think anyone is 100% sure of nothing yet with this update. Its still way too early for definitive answers.

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not want to be mean, but am I the only one to think that SciresM did not say anything about prevention? because we can not know who is safe or not. I know he does this for free, but if he understands how it works in general 30 seconds to avoid several bans does not hurt.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not want to be mean, but am I the only one to think that SciresM did not say anything about prevention? because we can not know who is safe or not. I know he does this for free, but if he understands how it works in general 30 seconds to avoid several bans does not hurt.
Im pretty sure the whole thing about not being able to forge tickets cause they are signed by Ninty only keydata and stateing two posts later that its not possible to do anything about it is a conclusion to how prevention would go over.

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure the whole thing about not being able to forge tickets cause they are signed by Ninty only keydata and stateing two posts later that its not possible to do anything about it is a conclusion to how prevention would go over.

I say to explain those who are affected, not a solution.

Why we can not copy the existing game key and used it, if Nintendo detects super Mario instead of homebrew launcher we would know ok. but this solution is too simple to work. So what is the protection?

Pakhitew-Island

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Dissapointing because CIA downloads means I need twice as much space for the game I wanna download, and when you have games that are like 3 gigs it really adds up. Only consolation is I bought ORAS, DKC Returns, Smash and Pokemon Moon so the biggest stuff I can just get from the actual Eshop.

Still, it's a shame to see what is more or less the end of the Freeshop unless someone finds a fix. If browsing it is safe though it's still a pretty handy way to just look and see all the games on the system.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...