Hacking The new update WILL NOT reject truncha signed discs

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's a topic asking whether or not.. but I'm telling you here, that the source of this news have flat out said that they were joking. Ninty might still do it, but that's pure speculation.

They fooled everyone!
lecture.gif

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
The new update will not block trucha signed games, it will just install the fix to do it. In order for the fix to be activated it will require a system menu update.

ChampionTWH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, IOS37 is leet speak for loser.

it was an obvious fake, and if anyone checks my previous posts on this matter you will see i told 'yaall so'

remember the nick... ChampionTWH

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
ChampionTWH said:

it was an obvious fake, and if anyone checks my previous posts on this matter you will see i told 'yaall so'

It's not fake, it's real and will undoubtably affect people later with the system menu update. In all honesty, I can imagine Bushing et al not to really care about the update since it doesn't affect their work at all, only the trucha based exploit. Here is a comment from Bushing only a few minutes ago:

"The whole point of this wasn't to freak people out, it was simply to say "here's something that is happening behind the scenes which may affect you later". Geez. Bushing 04:50, 24 March 2008 (PDT)"

The April Fool's joke posted earlier was vandalism.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
ChampionTWH said:

Lol, you owned yourself. The Wii was on IOS36 for Brawl.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I reckon it's bollax too.

All of a sudden we are able to decrypt and decode firmware updates ?

a bit much i think, pity all the users of gbatemp are a bunch of sheep....baaaaa

for point 1 where are the tools to do this ?

duo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
I reckon it's bollax too.

a bit much i think, pity all the users of gbatemp are a bunch of sheep....baaaaa

I'm not pretending to know more then i really do, but why should you assume that the firmware updates from Nintendo's servers are any different from the ones that come on the discs. For those that know what they are looking for it was probably just as easy as decompiling it and looking at the assembly. This wouldn't require any special tools.

Personally, I've trusted that site for the Offsets, Sizes, and Layout for the Wii disks, I don't know why I wouldn't believe they know anything about firmware updates.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:

How do you think they found the exploit in the first place? Just because you don't know how to do something, doesn't mean other people are just as ignorant.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing that you lot all seem to know more about how the Wii operates than Bushing and the folks over at Wiibrew. Had you bothered to read what was actually posted, they said that the update has been issued but NOT ACTIVATED. Once Nintendo throws the switch both Trucha Signer and Free Loader will be useless.

Shirakani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The trojan horse, so to speak, has been released with this new update. Right now it's simply dormant. The update alone does absolutely nothing until a System Menu update comes out. Once updated, then yeh, anyone who's updated is screwed.

Protip: don't run any future updates.

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not running any future updates is a bad idea as well. Nintendo will force people to update to play future games like Mario Kart Wii for instance. Same deal as SPM, MP3, SMG, and now SSBB. These all required some form of IOS for the game to run.

The best method is to not use Freeloader or Trucha. Sure they are great tools now but sooner rather than later there will be a workaround for these tools. Those with the 001 message will be the worst affected, as they can only play games like SMG and SSBB with a trucha signed disc.

Shirakani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Freeloader however is more important in PAL territories than it is for NTSC regions as generally they're screwed over more. I have a feeling this will be a mirror of the early PSP days where it was merely a cat and mouse game of clinging to an old firmware while trying to find ways to hack games to work on older firmwares...

All in all, not a good situation. Datel may have 'killed' the homebrew scene with their freeloader, but at the same time as a PAL user, i thank them for releasing it as we in PAL regions benefit infinitely more than you guys in NTSC regions.

The way i see it, if we're going to hate on someone, hate Nintendo for not making the Wii region free out of the box. If they'd done that from the start none of this would be an issue...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun