Hacking the new patch for nsmb (with the proper protection fix)

Gokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i though that it might be useful to share this information. recently there has been a proper nsmb fix that also works for cioscorp users. i also applied the same ppf patch (the pal version on a pal game) to rabbids go home. i tried running an unedited iso but it didnt work through disc channel. then i tried again but patched the main.dol (extracted with wiiscrubber 1.4 first) with the pal ppf patches(using ppc-o-matic) and now it does work! maybe this patch that was originally designed for nsmb works on all games? at least it does also work for rabbids go home. another reason why i think that this patch may work on all games because these two games are also from a different publisher. nsmb wii is from nintendo whilst rabbids go home is from ubisoft

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What was your problem with the Rabids? If it did not start at all before, it was an issue with your disc.

I really doubt the patch is even safe to be applied to other games, as far as i know it has hardcoded offsets for the patch stuff. The result should be some bad crash somehwere in the middle of the game.

Gokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wasnt working before i applied the patch and after i patched it it did work, everything else i did exactly the same. the game did load without the patch, but it DRE'd me as soon as i reached the first menu that comes after the intro video

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah running coverfloader, neogamma r7 and cioscorp 3.5. All 3 ways work perfect. Occasionally through the disc channel it's says "Reading disc" to load a movie or section, but it plays fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu