The New Mods

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sonic209, Nov 25, 2007.

?

Do You Like The New Mods?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Nov 25, 2007

The New Mods by sonic209 at 1:49 AM (4,677 Views / 0 Likes) 62 replies

1. sonic209
    OP

Member sonic209 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    so i was just wondering since we just got all these new mods,do you like how they are making the site more better or whatever they are doing

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    I like'em! [​IMG]

3. sonic209
    OP

United States
    i dont because for one you guys close a lot of topics for a sucky reason and delete a lot of peoples post just because its a little off
    topic and i can think of many more but dont feel like typing that much [​IMG]

4. Ace Gunman

Canada
    Well the thing about that is that those are the rules. And I don't mean "blah blah blah, follow the rules or else, grrr". What I'm saying is that while the members have to follow the rules, it's our job as staff to enforce the rules. We can't pick and choose what we want to obey any more than you can. Ya' see, it's not the "new mods" (many of us aren't even "new" [​IMG]) that are doing this, it's the staff in general. Plus you may not realize it, but what we do is actually a very valuable service to the community, without the rules and people to enforce them this place would spiral into chaos. [​IMG]

5. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    lol i put no just to be a ass

i love the new mods !

6. sonic209
    OP

United States
    if you guys are so good then how come that guy Frostfel still hasnt been banned he posted rom links on the dragon quest monsters joker topic that i made

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Well, if you post off-topic, double post, or spam, then you probably won't like the new mods. But look on the bright side, you can always create a poll topic to dish the new mods in!

oh, wait... lol...

..anyway.. I like the new mods, they are making my life easier, and I believe they are doing quite a good job. If you think you've been unfairly "modded" then PM them and ask why, they are a friendly lot, and quite fair-minded I believe.

8. Ace Gunman

Canada
    Ha, mthr, nice one. [​IMG] Anyways he's right, if you have a problem with a decision a staff member has made, PM that person. We're a fair bunch, if you make a good case we'll listen. [​IMG]

9. mthrnite

United States
    Well yeah, if you don't report it, we might not see it. It kinda looks like you were happy that the links were there anyway, especially once you found the right file. So I guess you had a vested interest in NOT reporting it. Part of the problem much?

10. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    i've seen some inconsistencies in some of the moderation that's been done, but then they're only human, and on the whole they're probably doing a good job.

Take for example the useless spam posts by certain individuals (who shall remain nameless) in threads, and the mods have come down on hard on them - however, repeat offenders don't seem to be punished enough, as they continue to repeat their spam-like off-topic antics.

I don't notice the moderation for the most part, which is a good thing, because it means the moderation done is done with some degree of care so as not to seem "in your face".

11. mthrnite

United States
    There's one repeat offender that you won't be seeing for two more weeks...
    .. I'll leave it to you to guess who it is by his notable absence.

We like to give people a chance around here. We are reticent to ban, especially if someone is remorseful for their infractions. That being said, there is a warning system in place and we are using it. If your warn-o-meter gets to 100% you are off the board. Simple as that.

And yes, you may see some inconsistencies, and you are right to point out that we are human. Everyone that we chose as mods, are concerned primarily in the board's well being. There are no power mad mods here.

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I think they were all good choices. I always support the mods to run the forums as they see fit.

Congrats to all who got promoted.

13. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Hell yeah.
    They do a great job keepin' these forums clean.

14. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    About warnings...can somebody do something about mine? Call it an early Christmas present.

About the mods...I haven't seen anything really bad yet, so that's good

15. Ace Gunman

Canada
    One thing I'll say about that is that we don't advertise suspensions. As you can see, mthr didn't point out who was punished; we're discreet. You don't notice it when people are punished? Good, we don't want you to notice. All that matters is that the offender learns their lesson. We suspend behind the scenes, we're not in the business of publicly humiliating people. It's impossible to notice someone not being here for a week, as most people just assume they haven't come around lately. So what may seem to be inconsistency to some people, actually means we're doing our jobs properly. [​IMG]

16. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    i likes 'em! keepin us from becoming... *drama*GameFAQs!*drama*

17. sonic209
    OP

United States
    well yeah i was happy and i didnt report it because well it didnt bother me at all and im too lazy to do that kind of stuff ill leave it to other people to do it for me [​IMG]

18. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    Most forums have a board open to banned people, where you make threads about who you ban or mute, and give them a good chance to explain before an IP ban [​IMG]

But seriously, how far from discreet mods that don't want us to notice are secret mod police suppressing free rom speech!?!?

19. sonic209
    OP

United States
    who was it?
    was it me

20. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    It depends, are you invisible?