GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
So, it's time to replace my Macbook. I'll probably get a new Macbook Pro, as I now need an express card slot. Who else is getting one of these things?

I would if I could afford it.

Has Steve Jobs officially announced them yet?

I heard it was happening today, but I haven't checked to see if they are out or not.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
DrKupo said:
So, it's time to replace my Macbook. I'll probably get a new Macbook Pro, as I now need an express card slot. Who else is getting one of these things?

I heard it was happening today, but I haven't checked to see if they are out or not.

Oh come on. The new pro is 2000 dollars, virtually nothing. They were officially announced. www.apple.com

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
Sstew said:
DrKupo said:

Oh come on. The new pro is 2000 dollars, virtually nothing. They were officially announced. www.apple.com

For a 16 year old currently looking for employment it is.

Hahah Rumors were wrong, People were speculating a price under a 1000
but for the Macbooks its 1300

Beautiful though.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
DrKupo said:
Sstew said:
DrKupo said:

For a 16 year old currently looking for employment it is.

Hahah Rumors were wrong, People were speculating a price under a 1000
but for the Macbooks its 1300

Beautiful though.

Ah, didn't know the first part.

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2k is quite a bit... The laptop I have now, I got for 1k and even that was a bit for me, I had sold my old powerbook g4 and bought a windows based laptop because I couldn't afford a new generation macbook... I wish I could have gotten a macbook though. Someday I will get another macbook.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm getting one. i've had my 17" powerbook g4 for 6 years now and it still runs strong but all 3d software is stopping PPC support so i must jump ship now.

it's gonna suck at work. i have a duo g5 that runs great but almost everything i need requires intel now. they need to get me an 8core intel if they wanna keep me productive
tongue.gif

oh yeah, i'm getting a pro. i'm disappointed they didn't upgrade the 17". hopefully they will soon.
the pro is 1,900 if you are a student. with my old school package i get applecare for free and maybe an external HD.

EDIT: DAMNT IT, now i'm on the fence because you can get yesterday's macbook pro with similar specs for 1000 dollars less. that's a huge difference.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks. I'll stick with my 5-6 (maybe more...) year old Dell c400. Still runs great (with linux that is) and does what I need.
Not hating on apple-philes, I just don't like their products.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Figured you would post this
tongue.gif

BTW I want and I will get. Macbook Pro.

Mind you they didn't release a Mac netbook so I'm slightly disappointed. Maybe at Macworld they'll have a change of heart. I'm going to check them out today cause I gotta exchange that iPhone power adapter at the Apple store so I don't shock myself between two metal prongs sticking out of the wall.

Then again we can all take the Apple spin of things and simply call it the iTaser.

Edit: I was won over by the graphics card and Macbook Air styling.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get the macbook air, be a rebel and tell the world, "I don't need you and your optical drives!" master your flow of chi and transmit data with your mind..... and when all else fails the book is thin enough to commit hari kari with.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Mewgia said:
Oh come on. It isn't that long.
Yeah, no need to be scared of Apple's website srsly.
I've heard of lazy but not THAT lazy.
Too busy editing videos and making photo albums on my PC all whilst trying to decide where to allocate the 500 dollars I saved purchasing a PC. But all trolling aside, a step in the right direction for computer companies everywhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol