The New Line of Amiibos from the 'Super Mario' Collection

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jan 28, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Very impressive of Nintendo to be releasing actual quality Amiibos which look great unlike some from the Smash collection wave one.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pictures in a bigger resolution:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Codename likes this.
  2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    lets see we'll see ONE with

mario without a hand
    peach without a crown
    luigi with no nose
    yoshi with no tail
    toad with a spot missing
    and bowser with no horns

:creep:

soulx and Codename like this.
  3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You're god damn right, them defectives will sell for stupidly high on eBay and god knows why.

4. Wellington2k

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Totally buying one of Mario and Luigi!
    To be honest, I check the stores every time for some defective ones. ;)

Pippin666 likes this.
  5. Mr. Prince

Mr. Prince GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Weren't smash amiibos first advertised with their high-quality produced ones? Can't it be the same for this?

Lucifer666 likes this.
  6. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    They presented high quality Amiibos at E3 which then were downgraded for the retail release.

7. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Yeah he meant the same is likely to happen here

That these pictures look all nice and glossy but when the figures are actually out they might suck

8. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    I like these more than the Smash line, and I just bought the last of the Smash line. Damn you Nintendo! lol

9. Mr. Prince

Mr. Prince GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue

That's what I meant.

10. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    That Peach looks lickable. I don't like the Peach from the Smash Bros. series. Ugh.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kyouhei and gamesgames like this.
  11. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    wish i could find one oh and their not defects either their done on purpose and there's always only one. their like the golden tickets:P

12. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Kyouhei and shinkodachi like this.
  13. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I was pondering on pre-ordering this new collection's Bowser but then I compared the two and realised Smash's got the superior Bowser.

[​IMG][​IMG]

It's a sloppy job by its employees so in a way they are defective, the way that the previous Amiibos were there's no other way to put it. :P

KiiWii likes this.
  14. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    all the amiibo are injection molded and assembled by machines there's no way it could stuff up. an employee is grabbing them off the assembly line and tempering with them on purpose. :creep:

15. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    You really have no idea how production lines work if that's what you believe. Trust me, there's a lot of manual labor going on. It'll take another 10 years before production lines can be fully run by machines, which will guarantee perfect a product within +/-0,01% tolerances. I worked at Nokia's manufacturing in Finland and we connected all the PCBs and housing parts ourselves with the monobody housing of the N9 being injection moulded from composite polycarbonate. The employees then finished off the housing and polished the corners. It's a delicate process and a lot of employees could get small parts wrong along the line. It's perhaps why Made in Finland N9 units generally had more problems than Made in China N9 units. Nokia's facility in China was extremely strict with its employees and they were overworked, so while they made very good products, there were many who burned out. It's really no different here. I believe some employees already have been fired off the amiibo production lines at Nintendo's facility. Chinese people take great pride in producing high quality products and they take stereotyping very seriously—saying something is "Made in China" is synonymous with bad quality really upsets them. Conference calls with the Nokia team in China were always interesting.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  16. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I was thinking about a 3D Printer printing all of the Amiibos for me but I assume it's not that easy as in it requires an exact file of the character and the printer itself isn't exactly cheap.

I've also checked out today GAME's store to see if they miraculously had a Villager and nope, but all of the Amiibos were properly put together in their boxes. I really want to get a Samus as that figure looks so fantastic and as for Link.. never.

17. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    3D printing is not there yet. It has long ways to go before being viable for mass production and more importantly, for cost effective production of detailed parts. I'm not sure how exactly Nintendo is producing amiibo, but it seems the parts themselves are injection moulded and then assembled by hand with silicone. It explains why the amiibo are strong, but also why parts can be ripped off quite easily if you want to. And why there are defects because overworked underpaid Chinese slaves workers at Nintendo's facility can't be bothered whether Samus has one or two guns.