OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Trailer oop:

I didn't even know it was in the works.

So what do you think? Is it clobberin' time, or will it fizzle out?

It doesn't tie into any other Marvel movie continuity (for now).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"from the studio that brought you".....
A few months back I recall making a comment about executive producers but I think that has just been topped.

I think I saw the first fantastic 4 on a plane and it was not the worst way I have ever had to kill a few hours. The second was pretty poor but I least can not remember it.

This will probably join the list of comic films I watch once and never bother to watch again, which is most of them really.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I look forward to all the reboots of these reboots starring 10 year olds in a few years. Seems to be the trend.

By "look forward to" I mean "this is why I don't watch movies anymore"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate reboots of the same things from a few years ago :hateit:
But the movie looks good.

I hate unnecessary reboots of things that were actually working before and could still work (aging actors and increased budgets are valid excuses in my world), though I am happy enough to see alt universe/different interpretations. It would be a hard sell to say that Fantastic 4 worked well.

Reactions: VinsCool

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
(aging actors and increased budgets are valid excuses in my world)
Aging actors is a very good reason. People complained about an "early" Spiderman reboot, but Tobey Maguire is 40 years old. Even if he managed to pull off a Peter Parker despite being so dorky and chubby, he really was too old for a fourth movie.

(The fact the 3rd one sucked balls notwithstanding.)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Aging actors is a very good reason. People complained about an "early" Spiderman reboot, but Tobey Maguire is 40 years old. Even if he managed to pull off a Peter Parker despite being so dorky and chubby, he really was too old for a fourth movie.

(The fact the 3rd one sucked balls notwithstanding.)
It's also about the looks. Andrew Garfield's like 30 years old but nailed it for a 20 y/o guy.

I really liked Andrew Garfield as Spidey but they're recasting again... :(

Please don't kill Uncle Ben again. :(

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I like the look of it. Michael B Jordan was great in The Wire and Fruitvale Station, Miles Teller was amazing in Whiplash so 2 out 4 is a good start. Besides it can't be worse than Rise of the Silver Surfer lol.
Great year to be a Marvel fan!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
who's the black guy? is he supposed to be johnny?
whats wrong with an orange thing? why make him earthy like that?

is flying into a black/wormhole thingy with a spacecraft too fancy an origin story for the fantastic four?
why does hollywood believe we have no idea who the fantastic four are anyways? why do we need origin movies? why can't they just go battle with some villains from the get go?

like seriously, i remember a fantastic four cartoon that managed to sum up the origin story in a 1 minute intro song. that was all we needed.
thats all we want. intro song and 89 minutes of action.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can actually see the Thing's "thing"?

:blink:

Seems the reshoots were a dead giveaway as most are....oh well guess we gone see what the next abomination version of this will be

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only interest in the film lies in Miles Teller, as I thought he did fine in Whiplash, which JK Simmons obviously stole that show. The flak it's getting turns me off to it. I never found myself interested in the movies anyways. I did catch the animated series that was on either Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, or even Toon Disney (remember that channel?). Only a bit of that.

Jamie Bell was on Nymphomaniac, fingering Charlotte Gainsbourg, so I was curious what he'd do, but the all CGI affair, meh.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What didn't you like about it? :blink:
The charecters were for the most part very annoying (the twerp son, daughter who has no charecter, and the villian is like a bitchy 12 year old), felt too generic super powers, I didn't like the animation style compared to sherk and other DreamWorks, it felt boring except for the final fight, it was really dis appointing compared to the action shows I watched like the old marvel 90s stuff.

really I just hated that movie when I first saw it (I was like 7 when I saw it for the first time).. I really just hate most Disney Pixar 3d movies except wreck it Ralph and frozen really and hate how people over think those movies as to this day I like dream works more (antz>bugs life, shark tales >nemo) and I liked other stuff like Wallace and gromit.

Last edited by RevPokemon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: