Hacking The new DSi

Briankealing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the DSi is the next step for the DSlite. I'm just curious why everyone wants to get one so much. I personally don't want to get one because of the invaluable GBA slot and because there isn't really a new game type. Like the GBA SP and the GBA Advance, there isn't much change. I have to say, the DSi isn't revolution, it's evolution.

Just curious, if you're buying one, why do you want it?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting it cause my lite broke and since i don't play gba games on it i don't care about the missing slot

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure theres like 5 other threads like this.... but I guess if you don't have a ds lite... then you can get a dsi! no brainer.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I see some "killer apps" exclusively for the DSi that I care about, I see no reason to get one since I already have a DSlite. The lack of a GBA port in the DSi is a huge turnoff for me despite the enhancements it has over a DSlite in every other respect.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I get one it will be because of 2 main reasons

1) I will have lots of money
2) I won an AK2i during the Christmas compos

Other things I like about it:

1) Bigger screens
2) DSi Ware
3) Camera and other fun stuff

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I rather keep too my Ds lite.
yaynds.gif

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you got a DSlite theres not much appeal for now. A device like a ipod touch would be somewhat shinier in the same price range. You have to say tough that DSi IS nice. The camera and bigger screen appeal but a DSi and GBA SP is a rather nice combo.

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like everyone's bashing of the missing slot-2, but I think it should be incredibly obvious that in order to move forward, a space-taking gba emulator should be the first to go in exchange for better technology. I want the DSi plenty because I want the larger screens and the "more powerful speakers"... I wonder how much better they are though, I've only seen that in writing. While not many games have been announced that will take advantage of the DSi's more powerful processors and enlarged RAM, I think that's only because the DSi's reception was still in question. Nintendo has done a great job at cementing the DSi's place, at least in Japan thus far, and I look forward to games that will justify the upgrade.

The camera will just be a fun diversion as far as I'm concerned, but who knows if it will be used in more ways than just a camera.

Briankealing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The missing slot 2 would makes me cry. It's not even an emulator - it's the same chip. And what's the point of the large screens? The size is barely noticeable.

I agree with rayder.

DSiImporter

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all when i got used to my dsi the screens were way bigger and when i went back to my ds lite to play some homebrew the screens looked like little girls so small I LOVE MY DSi

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
can you give me a camera that gives you a real time photo editing that has changing colors, face warp, face merger, photo stampers (those glittery effects)? I havent seen any except some of those Sony Ericcson phones so Im getting a DSi.

I dont care about the lack of GBA. There's a DS Lite and GBA Micro. The GBA is an old age (well, if you care about GH:OT so much then there's the DS Lite)

I dont play that much GBA. I have Pokemon Pearl with so many pokemon from the DS Lite. I can just trade them to Platinum and the DSi.

Im getting one if there are other colors like red. and of course the camera effects. I also like to do fun things outside of playing games like the sound effect games that you do on your music AAC files. God, I hate AAC.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, all i see from that DSi thingy is nothing. Its just another DS, i really don't care about the cameras, SD Slot, and all that its all useless to me, all i see is a pile of failure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans