The Neverhood/Earthworm Jim creators launch Kickstarter for Armikrog, coming to PC/Mac/WiiU

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,245
  • Replies 16
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
e7b2f6777710de15b0a3e732333405ce_large.jpg

Doug TenNapel, creator of Earthworm Jim™ (Interplay) and The Neverhood™ (Electronic Arts) has partnered with Pencil Test Studios, to create what some have called The Neverhood's "spiritual successor" -- a clay and puppet animated adventure game called ARMIKROG. The award-winning composer of The Neverhood soundtrack, Terry S. Taylor is returning to compose the soundtrack for this game.

The founders of Pencil Test Studios, Mike Dietz and Ed Schofield (also from Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood), have assembled much of the original Neverhood development team to create a brand new game that blurs the lines between art and technology, using stop-motion animation and sculpture to bring this project to life. It is to be released on PC, Mac and Linux as well as the Wii U.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

The team has posted early Wii U concept photos on some features they may implement in that version.

Normally I don't care too much for most of the games on Kickstarter but hot damn, this looks great.

ibegty1yRYc9XN.gif

Reactions: chavosaur

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they're designing the game around the gamepad instead of making it a "tacked on" feature when it comes to the Wii U version, it's developer support like this the Wii U is in need of.
Earthworm Jim has a special place in my heart, can't wait to see more.

Edit: Wait, 69 hours to go, what!? How come I never heard of this project before?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game looks fine and all, but considering the developer's... interesting statements in the past, I can't say I'd feel too comfortable giving my money to the guy.

Yeah, yeah, "separate the art and the artist", but when the artist is kind of reprehensible and he's asking for my money directly, the line gets blurred quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...