The Nazi-Killer from Wolfenstein is apparently Jewish

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    To be honest, he looks like any other generic Eastern European guy and for a Nazi-Killer that's sort of a dead give away. None of this will adversely affect my enjoyment out of the Wolfenstein games by any reason.​

XDel likes this.
  2. GamerSince83

GamerSince83 West Coast Pimpin'

Banned
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    On The Wild Plains of the Interweb...
    Yup makes sense Nazi Killing Machine hates Nazis for a Reason..........and Americans have done WAY worse to the US Media than anyone in general :mellow:

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Ugh...it's a FPS (at least the original...haven't kept up with the other versions). The absence of player character (in the original) means that it is supposed to be YOU (or more specifically: the darker side of you). And since I'm not Jewish, I see no reason why I want to pretend to be one when shooting bad guys. And since the nazis also prosecuted homosexuals and gypsies, you could just as well pretend to be a gay gypsie. In fact, it would make more sense to play as such, as your character isn't wearing a yarmulke.

I honestly don't get some gamers. There are plenty of games where backstory and roleplaying are a part of the core gameplay, but FPS'es tend to not be one of those. So what's the point of asking such questions? If you're playing a game of table tennis, it's not like you need to imagine playing as someone other than yourself, right? So then why should this be the case for video games? :rolleyes:

Ryukouki likes this.
  4. XDel
    This message by XDel has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Mar 4, 2014, Reason: good to know.
    Mar 4, 2014
  5. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Also, I think it would be cooler if Blow Job Blazkowicz was a blond hair blue eye that the Nazi's treated with favor, and he rebuked it, and turned against them.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  6. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    This is revolutionary.

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, who cares.
    I want to kill me sum nazi scum!

Please 2K, buy Wolfenstein and add a 1992 mode ;o;

8. Pedeadstrian
    This message by Pedeadstrian has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Mar 4, 2014, Reason: good to know.
    Mar 4, 2014
  9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Blazkowicz sounds like a Polish name, it's synthetic, but it has the right twing to it. That said, there was a lot of Polish jews around at the time, but to my knowledge, intermarriage between Jews and non-jews was generally frowned upon. Jews are very "close-minded" in that regard and with the tenion of the war and ethnic cleansings so were the Poles. Still, it's an acceptable war-time story, the theory checks out.

10. XDel
    This message by XDel has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Mar 4, 2014, Reason: good to know.
    Mar 4, 2014
  11. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Glad to see Kotaku is still on the cutting edge of journalism.

Taleweaver likes this.
  12. WiiCube_2013
    This message by WiiCube_2013 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Mar 4, 2014, Reason: good to know.
    Mar 4, 2014
  13. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    This news is kind of irrelevant and opens the floodgates to too much bullshit so Im gona close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.