Hacking The mystery of the phantom Boot-2

PhoenixT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got an R4 Upgrade Revolution, the one with the "r4i-sdhc" printed underneath. I read something on the net. Yeah, I know, this isn't the real deal, but it was a gift, and it served me well.

Now I've got a Pokemon GBA card. Original, of course. The "Pokemon Sapphire". I'd like very much to play with it without removing the R4 Upgrade Revolution every time. I read on the site printed on the card itself that "It supports boot-2, launching from GBA slot". Yet, I've got only three buttons: Games, Multimedia and Config. Nothing to boot Pokemon Sapphire up.

Am I doing something wrong? And if I acquired an EZFlash V, the ones booting on GBA? Would that help?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What does Config do?
I know on official R4's and direct clones that the buttons are Games | Multimedia | Slot2

Alternatively, try pressing Start.
On YSMenu it brings up an option to boot Slot2.

PhoenixT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
twiztidsinz said:
What does Config do?
I know on official R4's and direct clones that the buttons are Games | Multimedia | Slot2

On my 1yrs old R4 SDHC it calls a meny with four buttons: language, sound on, sleep on, power on, to modify the named settings.

QUOTEAlternatively, try pressing Start.
On YSMenu it brings up an option to boot Slot2.

It doesn't make anything on mine, sorry...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been ages since I've used an R4, but I remember there being an option for booting from slot-2. I'm pretty sure it was just hitting the third option in the boot menu. The R4 Upgrade might be different though. Is there an option in the Config part to boot from slot 2?

PhoenixT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TrolleyDave said:
It's been ages since I've used an R4, but I remember there being an option for booting from slot-2. I'm pretty sure it was just hitting the third option in the boot menu. The R4 Upgrade might be different though. Is there an option in the Config part to boot from slot 2?

No... just for switching between english and chinese, powering the console down, setting a sleep-time and removing sounds...

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I've been able to boot GBA games trough the card is by installing YSMenu to the "multimedia" button. PM me for more details.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters