KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wii-u.jpg

Nintendo's release of the Wii U console could be just a few months away, but Microsoft and Sony are still uncertain how to position the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 against their new competitor.

When asked by Screen Play how he thinks the five-year-old PS3 console will stack up against the Wii U, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia managing director Michael Ephraim says "it's very hard because at E3 there wasn't a lot of information".

"There's plenty of question marks about our competitor with their new device," Mr Ephraim says. "Whether it is going to be a competitor to PS3 or a different kind of device. There are so many variables that it's hard to say right now."

Mr Ephraim says one of the biggest questions is "what is the price point going to be?"

"With a tablet type of controller, just looking at the technology and what they showed at E3, it's not going to be priced at the normal Wii customer."

Microsoft regional director Andy Coughlin says he is confident that the six-year-old Xbox 360 can compete against Nintendo's new machine. But he is also confused about the device.

"I don't know what it even is or what it's meant to be," says Mr Coughlin. "(But) there's always a place for new things. Nintendo is a neat company. They make cool stuff."

Mr Coughlin says he believes the Xbox 360 will still have strong appeal to consumers after the Wii U launch because of its flexibility.

"I do believe that what Microsoft is doing, across all those different dimensions. If you want to play Gears of War or Call of Duty, you're choosing Xbox. If you choose not to use a controller, no-one else has that experience. If you just want to watch TV, or just want to watch movies, or if you just want Zune, if you want to talk to your friends and family via Kinect, you can do it.

"What's next? I don't know..."
:arrow:Source

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I really hope it suceeds or at least gets some very interesting games so I can have a reason to purchase it.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think that Nintendo deliberately restricted info on the WiiU, so that competitors, will be exactly like this, confused, and won't know what to expect and counter. Also, that screenshot of Zelda HD looks awesome, but kind of like an iOS app to me..

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I think that Nintendo deliberately restricted info on the WiiU, so that competitors, will be exactly like this, confused, and won't know what to expect and counter. Also, that screenshot of Zelda HD looks awesome, but kind of like an iOS app to me..
Except it's an actual game and not a 99-cent boredom killer.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I don't know what it even is or what it's meant to be probably sums up my thoughts on the Wii U. I know the release date is far away and all but the reveal was so bad and most of the people I know (who are casual gamers at best) think the Wii U is a tablet add on for the Wii.

So it'll be like $50-$60 boredom killer?
I know all games are, in a sense, boredom killers but grouping something like Angry Birds and THE Legend of Zelda in the same category just feels so.... wrong.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it's a tech demo not a actual game... :P

It not like they going outright say it is, if it a big enough treat.
That would just be weird...

Also, I hope that was a real slight compliment to Nintendo. :P

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they will release it so soon because it might effect the sales of the 3DS.

how >? console is console handheld is handheld

Maybe because when someone has a scarce amount of money they don't want to be buying multiple consoles? This was almost a reactive thought, did you seriously not think about that?

D

Deleted_171835

I don't think they will release it so soon because it might effect the sales of the 3DS.
how >? console is console handheld is handheld
Maybe because when someone has a scarce amount of money they don't want to be buying multiple consoles? This was almost a reactive thought, did you seriously not think about that?
If someone wants a console, they'll buy a console (in this case a WiiU) and likewise if someone wants a handheld, they'll buy a handheld (in this case a 3DS). They both serve different markets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
    S @ salazarcosplay: does update 19 really block it