The most reliable, safest and most efficient guide to downgrading?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chuckz, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    As per the subject,

I would like to downgrade my n3ds. I am looking for the most reliable, safest and most efficient guide to downgrading a n3ds at the moment.

I am thinking of installing RxTools as well as BigBlueMenu since I hear it is one of the best .cia installers
    (I would appreciate if someone can link me to the most recent version)

I would like to setup my n3ds to have the capability to boot into either SysNand or EmuNand
    (which I believe that option is through RxTools)

Which version of sys updater should I use to update emunand to 9.5 (or higher if possible)

I am going to try and expedite the Hold (L) to boot process with the "menuhax_manager" or whatever the method is called to utilize (L) to boot into RxTools CFW because I hear that the boot rate is not 100% consistent when booting with (L)

Regarding having your SysNand and EmuNand linked/unlinked. Should I keep them linked or unlinked?

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
  3. davidlc

davidlc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    For downgrading use safeSysUpdater:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/

For setting up emuNand, cfw, cold boot and CIA installer, use:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

EDIT: Ninja'd XD :ph34r::ninja::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

4. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    None of those links lists instructions on how to Downgrade a n3ds.
    I only see on how to install CFW?

5. davidlc

davidlc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    Read the safeSysUpdate thread, it basically consists in downloading the CORRECT downgrade pack corresponding to your console (Old 3ds, new 3ds), verifying the md5 checksum of the files (use any md5 check software), copying the safeSysUpdater 3dsx program and the updates folder from the downgrade pack to your SD card, run the program, check the update integrity (pressing A button i think), if everything is labeled as OK, then press Y to downgrade and pray for it to run whithout crashing.
    You will know all of this by reading the threads here on temp, but i guess people don't want to read. How do you think we know the process? it was by reading the related threads, there you get a lot of answers and learn from other people's mistakes :)

Chuckz likes this.
  6. C02

C02 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    i used this guide and it worked for me in 1 try

7. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    System Settings => Other Settings => Go To The Last Page => System Update

8. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Most reliable and safest?

Step 1: Wait

Something better than sysHalfbricker is on the way, especially for n3DS...... hopefully

Last edited by Dax_Fame, Jan 22, 2016
  9. Chuckz
    OP

Chuckz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I successfully downgraded my n3ds thanks to your instructional video @C02!

I am following the continuation of your instructional video that is helping me through the CFW Installation and EmuNand Setup.

I am stuck at the time I have left it at (2m:46s)
    These are the steps I am currently stuck at and not able to continue.

I installed the latest ReiNand v3.1 I followed the firmware.bin instructions and updated the boot.cfg with the new code.

But when I turn on my n3ds and run http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php successfully and it runs "ColdBoot" to then autoboot in 2 secs ReiNand. I get the ReiNand logo for a moment but then receive a black screen and nothing happens. I never ever see the "press start" message?

Last edited by Chuckz, Jan 23, 2016