Hacking The most "reliable" method to make a game channel ?

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am tired of the tools released lately. All of them suffer from compatibility issues, especially those using U8Tool !!!

What is the MOST RELIABLE method to make a game channel wad ? "Reliable" means good compatibility, not system demanding.

I don't mind a bit complicated steps ! I need RELIABLE method !

Would anyone please help giving some reliable steps to make a game channel ?

If possible, I really hope to see the steps for making game channel with Ocarina ON + autoboot.

Many thanks !!

P.S. My system is Windows XP SP3.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are apps, like bnrbandit and howardC's loader, but I prefer to put them together myself than trust automation.

I don't mess around with autoboot or ocarina. I think bnrbandit has an ocarina mod, but I can tell you the method I use.

I start with the USB Loader 1.1 by Waninkoko modded by joda here. The USB 1.1 code seems the most stable and joda's mod takes out all the now-unnecessary gui built into it and runs without any text messages.

Search for and hex edit "RSPP01" in the dol file to match the game ID of the channel you're trying to make.

Use wiiscrubber to extract the "opening.bnr" file from the ISO of the game you want a channel of.

Open opening.bnr in HowardC's u8tool.exe. Extract, change the text on the right if you want (only the first 20 characters will show up in the Wii menu), change the header type to IMET banner instead of IMET DVD and repack.

Use wwPacker's __wwunpacker.bat to extract a small homebrew wad, the wadmanager1.1 or similar.

In the extracted directory, replace 00000000.app with opening.bnr (rename it to 00000000.app)
replace 00000001.app with RSPP01.dol (rename it to 00000001.app)

Hex edit the .tik and .tmd files. In each there is a 4-character code that is the channel ID. Without a unique ID, channels will overwrite each other. Find the channel IDs in each file and change them to something else unique to your game. I start my channels with U, because no official Nintendo channels use that. Then I use parts of the GameID. Ex RSPP01 becomes USP1.

Drag the extracted folder onto _wwpacker-nomod.bat

Rename the output wad to something identifiable. Probably a good idea to note the channel ID you assigned in the wad filename. Ex Wii Sports-NTSC-USP1.wad

This has never failed to produce a working channel for me, and I've personally tested about 80 of them on my Wii.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
troa11 said:
I know there are apps, like bnrbandit and howardC's loader, but I prefer to put them together myself than trust automation.

I don't mess around with autoboot or ocarina. I think bnrbandit has an ocarina mod, but I can tell you the method I use.

I start with the USB Loader 1.1 by Waninkoko modded by joda here. The USB 1.1 code seems the most stable and joda's mod takes out all the now-unnecessary gui built into it and runs without any text messages.

Search for and hex edit "RSPP01" in the dol file to match the game ID of the channel you're trying to make.

Use wiiscrubber to extract the "opening.bnr" file from the ISO of the game you want a channel of.

Open opening.bnr in HowardC's u8tool.exe. Extract, change the text on the right if you want (only the first 20 characters will show up in the Wii menu), change the header type to IMET banner instead of IMET DVD and repack.

Use wwPacker's __wwunpacker.bat to extract a small homebrew wad, the wadmanager1.1 or similar.

In the extracted directory, replace 00000000.app with opening.bnr (rename it to 00000000.app)

Hex edit the .tik and .tmd files. In each there is a 4-character code that is the channel ID. Without a unique ID, channels will overwrite each other. Find the channel IDs in each file and change them to something else unique to your game. I start my channels with U, because no official Nintendo channels use that. Then I use parts of the GameID. Ex RSPP01 becomes USP1.

Rename the output wad to something identifiable. Probably a good idea to note the channel ID you assigned in the wad filename. Ex Wii Sports-NTSC-USP1.wad

This has never failed to produce a working channel for me, and I've personally tested about 80 of them on my Wii.

u8tool.exe again ? My God ! Nightmare !!!

neos_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
troa11 said:

u8tool.exe again ? My God ! Nightmare !!!

If you insist on not using u8tool you can still follow all the steps above but skip the u8tool bit, and it will still work. The only downside I've noticed if you do this, is that AnyTitleDeleterDB won't show the channel name because the header is still IMET DVD.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what everyone's beef is with u8tool. I've got v9.0 that I grabbed off of the wadder 2.2 installation. I'm running vista x64 and it's never failed me. It just needs one small dll also included in order to repack files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn