Hacking The memory card has been removed error - ps vita 1000

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like ref00d had an update this year, so who knows which is better now. 0syscall6's last update was last year, but I don't think that's the problem. I think it's the sloppiness of that config.txt. mine was originally somewhat sloppy, and changing it messed up some things, but I got it all back together. :D don't use autoplugin 2. it's screwed up so many people's systems. just use the github home page for the plugin to know how to add it to the config.txt, if you don't know.

Reactions: Flame

c4etech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thanks for the help guys...

So just to clarify

Open Vita Shell
Go to ur0 - tai - config.txt
add # before a plugin - save
go to settings - henkaku - reload taihen config
sleep - wake
if it happens, repeat with the next plugin

That's how I'm supposed to go about it right?

Edit: Btw 4GB cards have been ordered - at this point I'm just curious about they why :)

Last edited by c4etech,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the help guys...

So just to clarify

Open Vita Shell
Go to ur0 - tai - config.txt
add # before a plugin - save
go to settings - henkaku - reload taihen config
sleep - wake
if it happens, repeat with the next plugin

That's how I'm supposed to go about it right?

Edit: Btw 4GB cards have been ordered - at this point I'm just curious about they why :)
pretty much. but backup the config.txt to your desktop/backup folder

and dont disable something like henkaku.suprx

:)

Archfiend

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi there,

Did you ever resolve your problem? I am having the same issue in that my device thinks the memory card is gone after waking up from deep sleep/standby and forces a reboot.

The config.txt output you pasted is almost identical to my own, which has no modifications or additional lines/plugins and is what is produced if we follow the guide at vita.hacks.guide (except for the line about jpg/png I think)

It must have something to do with the load order of the various lines, I am thinking about shifting the YAMT config to the top to see if this helps.

Archfiend

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Since my SDcard is practically new, I may just wipe it and start again.

Its peculiar and seems to happen intermittently, haven't quite been able to identify the trigger.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to interefere in this thread, just a question. Is it possible to get a log of the Sleep/Wake process the Vita does every time?

If that's possible we could be able to track the issue if it's related to a plugin, a memory card, or something else.

HiruneJikan

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am running into this same issue on my 1000. I installed a 4GB card to do the jailbreak and removed it after getting YAMT done with SD2VITA. I wanted to move the 4GB card to my 2000 to use as a simple Retroarch handheld instead of buying another SD2VITA. Since then, my 1000 has given me that memory card removal error after I wake up the device form sleep maybe 9/10 times, forcing me to reboot. I really don't want to reformat the memory card and probably start my 1000 from scratch, but it seems like that is what has to be done.

HiruneJikan

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am running into this same issue on my 1000. I installed a 4GB card to do the jailbreak and removed it after getting YAMT done with SD2VITA. I wanted to move the 4GB card to my 2000 to use as a simple Retroarch handheld instead of buying another SD2VITA. Since then, my 1000 has given me that memory card removal error after I wake up the device form sleep maybe 9/10 times, forcing me to reboot. I really don't want to reformat the memory card and probably start my 1000 from scratch, but it seems like that is what has to be done.
I can confirm that just formatting the 4GB that I put in my 2000 and inserting it back into the 1000 has completely fixed the issue. So it seems like, without further research, that if you jailbreak a 1000, you must keep the memory card inserted at all times even if you change everything to an SD2VITA card.

Thankfully I did not have to do anything to the 1000 after inserting the formatted card. Everything works just fine, just no more error :)

Reactions: eyeliner

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So it seems like, without further research, that if you jailbreak a 1000, you must keep the memory card inserted at all times even if you change everything to an SD2VITA card.

Wrong, I've got a 1000 system with a PSVSD and no Sony Memcard inserted and me husband has a 1000 with an SD2Vita without Sony memorycard.
Thing works fine without any issues, for the both of us.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wrong, I've got a 1000 system with a PSVSD and no Sony Memcard inserted and me husband has a 1000 with an SD2Vita without Sony memorycard.
Thing works fine without any issues, for the both of us.
I concur with your husband. After hacking, the memory card only gets used as uma0, and that is completely optional.

That, if the hack has been correctly executed.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I concur with your husband. After hacking, the memory card only gets used as uma0, and that is completely optional.

That, if the hack has been correctly executed.

Storagemanager/gamesd/YAMT redirects the Sony memcard as uma0 if it's set in the plugin yes, otherwise it should just skip it as it isn't set to any mount point.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that just formatting the 4GB that I put in my 2000 and inserting it back into the 1000 has completely fixed the issue. So it seems like, without further research, that if you jailbreak a 1000, you must keep the memory card inserted at all times even if you change everything to an SD2VITA card.

Thankfully I did not have to do anything to the 1000 after inserting the formatted card. Everything works just fine, just no more error :)

That is wrong once you set SD2Vita, PSVSD to ux0, you don't need the sony memory card inside, that memory card just going to be uma0, so you can always remove it.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is wrong once you set SD2Vita, PSVSD to ux0, you don't need the sony memory card inside, that memory card just going to be uma0, so you can always remove it.
that's always the way it is with the yamt-lite version by Aurora Wright. :) it enables and disables the memory card automatically as uma without having to set it up.

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I had identical issue, I have been using sd2vita and official 16gb memory card together for 2 years, but after official memory card would randomly disconnect every once in while, decided to remove it before it got corrupted. after that, vita would restart after every sleep

Solution that worked for me : just go to Autoplugin, vita plugins, configure plugin for sd2vita, and select "none" for MCD(official memory card) part.

out of 4 options listed here, I only have GCD (SD2VITA) as UX0 (LiveArea Applications), and everything else as "none" and it worked for me, hopefully will help someone else too

EDIT : before removing official memory card, I unlinked it via settings, and unmounted via vita shell too, but still gave me "memory card removed" error.

Last edited by Payne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/