Gaming The Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Q&A Thread.

Codebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am CodeBrain. After successfully completing the game, I decided to make a Question and Answer thread, because I needed one at the time, and none could be found.

So lets start!

Q&A for Mario and Luigi RPG 3!!!

Q: As soon as I enter my first fight with Bowser, my game freezes. Why is this happening?

A: Because this game, like Phantasy Star Zero, has a piracy check on it. If you "pirated" (by putting the game on a flash kart) the game, it'll do just the problem you said. To fix it, you must use Narin's "Piracy Bypass Check" code.

Q: Help! I am stuck with something and can't figure it out!

A: If you are stuck, try checking your map. Press Select to see it. Usually if its in the area there will be a star, somewhere on the map. That's where you want to go. If it's not on the location you are now (Say your in Bowser's Castle, and its not there), try looking in a different spot (Like Toad Town) If you still can't figure it out, check the HELP topic located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135172

Q: Why are these bosses so hard to defeat?!

A: My first playthrough was like this, I had difficulty with the bosses mid-way in the game. The enemies have been upgraded to be more powerful than what they were in the last game (Partners in Time). Usually if you lose to them, it means you need to "grind", which means to kill more enemies, to get more exp. Usually that's the only thing you can do. Once you unlock the "Puzzle Gallery", which is where your Bro Powers are, you can try to find the Puzzle pieces around in Bowser's Stomach, or in the main world.

Q: What stats should I give points to/upgrade?

A: The best stuff to upgrade are based on your opinion. You can get more HP if you want to be safe, and not get killed fast. You can get SP (Or Bro Points, as they were called in Superstar Saga) so you can have more chances to use Bro Attacks. You can get Power if you want to hit harder and make fights end fast. Def is basically the same as HP, it'll make you just a bit more safe, it protects you from hard damage (Not much, but enough) You can get speed for your chances to go before your enemy a little better. Finally, You can get Stache (In Japanese, this is Hige for the Bros, and Tsuno for Bowser) which will make items in shops cheaper, and will give you chances to get lucky hits (aka crits).

Q: Why are these Minigames so hard! It was never this hard before!

A: Certain minigames aggravated me to no end. The minigames are sometimes gracious and sometimes cruel. Usually it depends on your "finger and stylus skill" while others it depends on luck. For example, the Carrot minigame has you destroy carrot bits with a cannon. There are 3 orbs, Red, Yellow, and Blue which do different things. The Red one is the best, because it destroys every carrot bit. To get it, you have to look at when Bowser "lights up". Once he does, the carrot row that comes down when he does light up, will have that red orb in it.

Q: I am on my final Star Orb, and this Octo guy has a force field and ends the fight after 3 turns! He says something about 1000. Halp!

A: The Octo guy says "To knock me down, you need something as heavy as a ton!" Which meant you needed something that weighed 1000 pounds to knock him down. The Sweet Basket attack does this. You have to get "Excellent" in order to knock him down. To tell you the truth, I did it the shameful way. I used the "Spoon trick" only I did it with a pencil.
tongue.gif

Q: Is there any way to respawn the enemies on the map after I beat them?

A: It depends if your inside Bowser or not. If your leveling Bowser, your outside. To fix the respawning enemies, like I said before, it depends on if your inside Bowser or not.

1. If your inside Bowser, then fight the enemies you want. When all of them (or the ones you wanted) are gone, leave the area, and go to a different one (Say you where in the beginning part with the spiny shell monsters. Kill them, then go to the Shop Area, then come right back. They'll be there again.

2. If your outside, then defeat the enemies you want. Once finished, head to the closest warp pipe, back into Bowser body. Go back out and go to the same area. The monsters should be there.

That's all I can think of for right now, if anyone else has a question needing to be answered, post it here and Ill see what I can do.

abc2390986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Question: Is there any way to respawn the enemies on the map after I beat them? I found this game is so hard to raise level, but the enemies will disappear for good after they're beaten, and you can't fight them anymore.

Codebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc2390986 said:
Question: Is there any way to respawn the enemies on the map after I beat them?

Question noted, and has been placed on the board.

QUOTEQ: Is there any way to respawn the enemies on the map after I beat them?

A: It depends if your inside Bowser or not. If your leveling Bowser, your outside. To fix the respawning enemies, like I said before, it depends on if your inside Bowser or not.

1. If your inside Bowser, then fight the enemies you want. When all of them (or the ones you wanted) are gone, leave the area, and go to a different one (Say you where in the beginning part with the spiny shell monsters. Kill them, then go to the Shop Area, then come right back. They'll be there again.

2. If your outside, then defeat the enemies you want. Once finished, head to the closest warp pipe, back into Bowser body. Go back out and go to the same area. The monsters should be there.

chasius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am actually stuck near the very beginning inside Bowser. After collecting the parts, I get the first special attack, the green shell. Immediately following, there is a battle with 2 enemies wearing helmets. If I choose to have the yellow star explain the attack, I am left with 3 grayed out action blocks (attack, item, and run) and there is nothing I can do. Forced to reset. If I skipped the explanation, I can fight but my attack only deal 0 damage. I assume I have to use the green shell attack but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Is my game bugged or am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

cmdixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Codebrain (or anyone else), I'm really hoping you can help me. I'm at the point where bowser is drinking the water and Mario & Luigi are inside. I've collected all but one puzzle piece. I see the piece on the map. I can actually go to where the piece is at hit it and stand on it, but I can't see it. It's invisible. That's the last piece I need so I can move on. How do I make it show up? I'm so frustrated.

MasterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there an English version of this game yet, or an English Patch?
I have Clocked and Enjoyed all Mario & Luigi games so far, cant wait till i can play this one!

Codebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently this website doesn't like giving me emails about a post, even through I told the thread to :/

@chasius: Which way do you play it, on a flash card or the real game? This will help me on my decision.

@cmdixon: Did you use the All Attack Part code? Usually that code deactivates certain events in the game. Once, I couldn't get a event done because I already had the pieces, when I shouldn't have.

@MasterGamer: No, there is currently no English version, or an English patch. However, you can still play the game, without knowing some dialogue here and there. Still, it is "kind-of" easy to figure out what to do.

Once again, sorry for not replying, GBATemp didn't tell me I got new replies, and sorry for the bump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: