Hacking The many different types of R4is........

SASpurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm quite new to the flash carts, and need help in choosing the best card for my new DSI XL. I'm tossing up between the Acekard 2i and R4i. One thing that I don't quite understand is the fact that there appararently exists more than 1 type of r4i. e.g. the R4i gold, R4i blue, R4i 3DS, R4i Ultra, the regular R4I and many, many more. What's the difference between all the different versions? Can they all do the same thing? Are there any advantages in buying one version instead of the other? If I do get an r4i, I plan on running the latest version of Wood(what ever that is). Which version of the r4i should I get?

How many of you would recommend the Acekard 2i over the R4i and why?

Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most R4i Golds suck, unless it's this one R4i Gold
Personally I have both an Acekard 2i and R4i Gold and I prefer R4i Gold over Acekard. Wood R4 and AKAIO are close, but Wood just works better with all the features of AKAIO, but a lot simpler.

Reactions: 1 person

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to buy a R4i card, just as "Catboy" said, only buy the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, you can also check this card's review from here: http://gbatemp.net/t293386-r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review do not buy other r4s. And yeah, Acekard 2i is also a good card, but i recommend r4i gold over acekard 2i, no need to mention that you will use the card on your DSi, but acekard 2i still haven't released the update for DSi V1.44 yet. so just choose the r4i gold with wood V1.46.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to buy a R4i card, just as "Catboy" said, only buy the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, you can also check this card's review from here: http://gbatemp.net/t...mpatible-review do not buy other r4s. And yeah, Acekard 2i is also a good card, but i recommend r4i gold over acekard 2i, no need to mention that you will use the card on your DSi, but acekard 2i still haven't released the update for DSi V1.44 yet. so just choose the r4i gold with wood V1.46.

Has to be the R4i Gold 3DS. As far as I know, there is no patch for 1.4.4 for the non-3DS version.

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to buy a R4i card, just as "Catboy" said, only buy the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, you can also check this card's review from here: http://gbatemp.net/t...mpatible-review do not buy other r4s. And yeah, Acekard 2i is also a good card, but i recommend r4i gold over acekard 2i, no need to mention that you will use the card on your DSi, but acekard 2i still haven't released the update for DSi V1.44 yet. so just choose the r4i gold with wood V1.46.

Has to be the R4i Gold 3DS. As far as I know, there is no patch for 1.4.4 for the non-3DS version.

Actually nearly all the resellers are only selling the "3DS" version now, the non-3DS version has stopped producing for a long time. so don't worry about it. Just make sure the r4i gold is from r4ids.cn

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend you buy from ZhuZhuChina - that's the cheapest you'll find and they're very reliable and quick. Plus you know you'll be getting a legit R4i Gold (guarenteed from R4ids.cn) not some cheap knock-off.
Uh NO! You can find the card cheaper and the right one here for $10 dollars shipped. :D The card you linked to is the old version.
OK I'll give you that. But they do actually sell the new version (I've received it) - they just haven't updated the picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.