Hello all! My name's Jayenkai. Well, it's not.. My name's James Gamble, but you can't google that very well, 'cos some really old dead guy made some soap, or something.. So, instead, they call me Jayenkai. If you want to google that, you'll find out oodles of stuff, and a bucketload of games. Normally, I create games at a rate of AGameAWeek. You can have a nosey at my progress at the aptly named AGameAWeek.com website. It's been a while since I last tackled Nintendo DS Homebrew, though. Creating DS specific code doesn't naturally snuggle in amongst all the other chaos that AGameAWeek tends to bring. Over the course of July, I've decided to create a brand new RetroRaider adventure, and since I'm giving myself a whole month in which to tackle the project, I've opted to dig out my old DS Homebrew Devkit stuff, and try simul-coding the game, in two different languages, together. Both versions will share graphics, levels, sounds and more. One will be coded using DevkitPro and PALib, and will run on DS. The other will be coded using Monkey (MonkeyCoder.co.nz) and will run on Windows, Android and more. This topic will act as a sort of development blog, and I'll probably be asking folk to chip in ideas and things as I go along. If you're lucky, you might get a couple of beta versions thrown in, too, but it depends how fast I can get things working. Either way, I've preset a primary release of July 30th 2013, so with any luck I should be done by then! Wish me luck!! -=-=- Identical Layout Since both the DS and Windows/etc editions will be using the same level code, it'd be a good idea to have both versions looking pretty much the same. For this reason, the initial coding has been focused on getting the same identical output on both targets. After a couple of days of tweaks and fumbles, I've finally got a simple sprite/background function set, which replicates identical looking scenes on either version of the code. The actual code is significantly different, showing the differences between Monkey's basic-like structure, and DevKit/PALib's C syntax. The contents of the internal functions are even more complex, with the Monkey edition handling all sorts of resolution scaling, and the DS edition having to keep track of sprite numbers. But the actual code for drawing the sprites is as simple as can be, and results in identical looking scenes, which is the intended purpose. Now that I know I can achieve exact layouts, I'll have to start figuring out the best format for the level layouts. That'll be the next job. -=-=- Helping Hand If you'd like to help a little, head over to this topic and help if you can.