Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's qwerty. He knows his stuff and already released a webkit-based-jailbreak for iOS (with the same exploit).

Who it is doesn't matter at this point. I'm not saying it's fake.. But "done" doesn't mean a hack. Like the thread so bluntly points out

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who it is doesn't matter at this point. I'm not saying it's fake.. But "done" doesn't mean a hack. Like the thread so bluntly points out
He would take too much shit if this is a joke and lose rep if his web kit exploit works others can test this, I can guarantee smea/pluto/yellow have sweaty palms trying out sys calls.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have high hopes, luca is well known in the IOS scene and wouldn't lie about something like this

Hmm, either way, there won't be any true homebrew for a long, unless apps made with ARM can be ported over (emulators, etc), I'm still incredulous until there is something working.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, either way, there won't be any true homebrew for a long, unless apps made with ARM can be ported over (emulators, etc), I'm still incredulous until there is something working.
from what I understand the 3DS and switch are very similar and share the same calls, also luca is like our yellows8.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

If it's hackable, deadly, if not, I'm fine with that too.

That said, I think this is abit too early. History or not, I have a feeling this is fake, or even just our DNS reroute trick.

Unless we get a custom firmware/kernel access, it's not gonna be much to help.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's hackable, deadly, if not, I'm fine with that too.

That said, I think this is abit too early. History or not, I have a feeling this is fake, or even just our DNS reroute trick.

Unless we get a custom firmware/kernel access, it's not gonna be much to help.
It's not a kernel exploit, but it is something...Luca's not going to lie.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
D

Deleted User

Yet the PS4 can now run OS's and basic homebrew now that sounds pretty hacked to me unless your talking about piracy which this has nothing to do with.
1.7.2 firmware can run Linux so eh. [Switch is a new console and people expect for it to be hacked next month. To get to that state with PS4 it took like what? 1 year?]

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But before people start fearmongering, piracy never has, and never will kill consoles or their games, that is a myth and completely unsubstantiated; history tells that.
Yes, you are correct but evidence also points to piracy cutting some consoles lives slightly short. The PSP is a model example for this. The hardware sales soared but the longevity of the system was affected in a slightly different way. After piracy became trivial on the PSP many games were cancelled, localization work for the system had all but stopped and if I can remember a quote from the devs of the PSP God of War games "It's so rampant that making games for the PSP just doesn't make sense anymore".

Not that I'm against piracy but I'm an advocate for looking at both sides and while many of the claims of the effects of piracy aren't true the bad effects of piracy can make themselves apparent once in a blue moon.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you are correct but evidence also points to piracy cutting some consoles lives slightly short. The PSP is a model example for this. The hardware sales soared but the longevity of the system was affected in a slightly different way. After piracy became trivial on the PSP many games were cancelled, localization work for the system had all but stopped and if I can remember a quote from the devs of the PSP God of War games "It's so rampant that making games for the PSP just doesn't make sense anymore".

Not that I'm against piracy but I'm an advocate for looking at both sides and while many of the claims of the effects of piracy aren't true the bad effects of piracy can make themselves apparent once in a blue moon.

The DS sold 150 million, PS2 sold 200 million, Wii sold 100 million; all were pirated/hacked to high heaven *shrug*. Read the Piracy Myths thread for further reference.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
But before people start fearmongering, piracy never has, and never will kill consoles or their games, that is a myth and completely unsubstantiated; history tells that.
Of course it effects the system. Third party game devs will drop support. Why spend lots of time and money developing a game when most people will download it for free. The switch needs a good few years before it's hacked so we get some great games to pirate later.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for the kiddo storm "So he's releasing this right?" "Can we load ROM's?" "He's a piece of shit if he doesn't release this and a way to pirate Switch games."

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you read my post? I mentioned that hardware sales soared already but it wasn't about that.
I'm not one to rush to randomizers side anytime :lol:, but I think you'll find the only 'soaring' of PSP sales was in Japan... in the West it got its arse handed to it on a plate by the DS, THAT is what 'killed' the system off, not piracy.. Incidentally, in Japan where the machine was still selling, games kept coming for years after the thing became a pirates haven, and titles like God of War were intended more for Western gamers ;)

Last edited by mightymuffy,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one to rush to randomizers side anytime :lol:, but I think you'll find the only 'soaring' of PSP sales was in Japan... in the West it got its arse handed to it on a plate by the DS, THAT is what 'killed' the system off, not piracy.. Incidentally, in Japan where the machine was still selling, games kept coming for years after the thing became a pirates haven, and titles like God of War were intended more for Western gamers ;)
It didn't kill it per say but it sped up the process. The western market is incidentally the biggest one and where the PSP has its homebrew scene situated in for the most part. It makes sense to me that games would continue to release in japan but stop coming to the west imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol