Gaming The 'major' 3DS November update

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Allegedly at the end of this week, SOME of us are getting the major update that brings all manner of goodies. This thread exists firstly as a hype thread, and secondly to gather reliable sources of information about it- so far all I can find is "expected to launch November the 4th". Nintendo seemed pretty certain that it would launch November 4th but then I started hearing rumours of the Australians not getting it until the 22nd or so. Is there any real information out there yet?

Also the so called E-shop overhaul may or may not be a part of it, please direct me to threads that I have probavly overlooked that detail these things while you discuss in this one what (if anything) you are excited about.

Personally I didn't think I'd be bothered by the 3D video camera but the stop motion capability makes me look forward to it more, hopefully the sound capture linked to it will do it justice

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So happy about the messaging system. I could be very lazy at times and I just don't like to walk to a computer and ask my friends if they want to play a game. With this messaging system, it will be easier for me to ask if someone is available to play. That's the best use of it for me! :P

I suggest you get the title changed. (it's not clear which update and for what system) It's a good initiative and I will follow this thread for the big update and discussions. Something like "Nintendo 3DS November Update opinions/discussions" would be nice. :)
Been here a while now, just realised I have NO IDEA how to change a title :blink:
Pretty sure people will guess it's for the 3DS....

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
With the update, it will become possible to transfer batches of data from one 3DS to another.

The Nintendo 3DS will also be getting a 3D camera, something that has already been mentioned. It will be possible to shoot up to ten minutes of 3D footage with the camera.

What's more, the 3DS is getting stop-motion photography, making it possible for 3DS owners to make their own stop-motion masterpieces.

StreetPass is also getting an update that includes a map for those Miis you meet via StreetPass. "Find Mii", the Mii mini-game, is getting a sequel, too.

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata announced that the 3DS would see a major firmware update in November that will, among other features, finally make the system ready to receive add-on content form the eShop.

Iwata clarified during the Q&A that he'd used the term add-on content to mean both add-on content and an item-based billing system. The November update will deliver a system for using micro payments to purchase items and add-on content, all from directly within a game.

As for third parties, Iwata said that he's been hearing that plans are in place to make use of the new transaction system (which he called "the new Nintendo e-Shop framework") early next year.

For me, nothing interesting.

eShop needs quality content, not an overhaul or new ways to handle transactions. Until now, they've only managed to publish 1 dedicated 3DS game.

Video recording might be useful if users could convert their own videos to be watched on 3DS. Photos taken with 3DS camera already look like total shit, just imagine these low-bitrate overcompressed videos !

Where are new AR games ?

Where are GBA games for ambassadors ?

D

Deleted User

4th of November?
Knowing Nintendo, they mean
40th of November.

They're really keen on pushing back dates so far into the future that they're impossible.

Reactions: 1 person

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I wanna know is if DLC will be supported will we get occasional updates to animal crossing? New furniture would be nice even if they went about it in the way the Sims does by releasing it in packs

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clear up the air here were not getting messaging in this update (thats resevered for a december Eshop update)

With the update, it will become possible to transfer batches of data from one 3DS to another.

The Nintendo 3DS will also be getting a 3D camera, something that has already been mentioned. It will be possible to shoot up to ten minutes of 3D footage with the camera.

What's more, the 3DS is getting stop-motion photography, making it possible for 3DS owners to make their own stop-motion masterpieces.

StreetPass is also getting an update that includes a map for those Miis you meet via StreetPass. "Find Mii", the Mii mini-game, is getting a sequel, too.

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata announced that the 3DS would see a major firmware update in November that will, among other features, finally make the system ready to receive add-on content form the eShop.

Iwata clarified during the Q&A that he'd used the term add-on content to mean both add-on content and an item-based billing system. The November update will deliver a system for using micro payments to purchase items and add-on content, all from directly within a game.

As for third parties, Iwata said that he's been hearing that plans are in place to make use of the new transaction system (which he called "the new Nintendo e-Shop framework") early next year.

For me, nothing interesting.

eShop needs quality content, not an overhaul or new ways to handle transactions. Until now, they've only managed to publish 1 dedicated 3DS game.

Video recording might be useful if users could convert their own videos to be watched on 3DS. Photos taken with 3DS camera already look like total shit, just imagine these low-bitrate overcompressed videos !

Where are new AR games ?

Where are GBA games for ambassadors ?

You are aware that this may just be the groundwork for a DLC system right? Along with that we could possibly be talking about a method of themeing or skinning for the menu (very unlikely but since they are talking about add-on content...)

error223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are aware that this may just be the groundwork for a DLC system right? Along with that we could possibly be talking about a method of themeing or skinning for the menu (very unlikely but since they are talking about add-on content...)

this interestes me!

i

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to the update. I don't think I'll use the video recording that much, but it's awesome to have. I think I'm going to make a 3D guitar cover when it's released.

More importantly, more Streetpass stuff! I beat Find Mii twice, completed all the puzzles, bought all the AR stuff, bought all the weapons in RE:Merc, and maxed out my coins at 300. I'm dying for more content.

I'm looking forward to the "Join Game" button too when Super Mario 3D Land comes out too.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to the update. I don't think I'll use the video recording that much, but it's awesome to have. I think I'm going to make a 3D guitar cover when it's released.

^ I had this planned too!! Im gonna have my guitar pointed at the cam sorta sideways so you can see my hand slide closer and further away from the cam!!

When its out ill put it on youtube plus a download link for people to put on their 3DS's on my channel www.youtube.com/terenigma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse