Gaming The Luigi’s Mansion 3DS Situation

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The switch is a good handheld device but a horrible home console. It is the price to pay when you are a hybrid console. Since they aim to market it as a home console, they get vastly reduced quality games and ports for the portability. The portable mode limits the potential of every game designed for home console. Handheld mode is a double edge sword.
Its good enough for some 3rd party games to be ported to it i mean its getting crash and who cares about cod an more anyways the ps4 and xbox one don't have good exclusives really anymore.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The switch is a horrible gaming system. I'm sorry, it needs to be said. Let's put aside the lack of software, third party support, and the fact that it's greatly underpowered for it's gen, but it is also piss-poorly designed. Assuming you manage to get a console that doesn't scratch or lose controller connectivity under it's own poor design, all you really have is a tablet excuse to re-re-re-release the same old shit on vc. To be angry that a game was ported to a better and more practically priced gaming system is just silly. You'll have plenty of other watered down ports.
I'm sorry, what?
It's barely been out a year and it's already doing well in terms of the library and 3rd party support. Look at the 3DS after one year, it barely had anything. And it still turned out to be one of the best selling consoles of all time with a large library of good games both 1st and 3rd party.
The Switch has had a pretty strong start, and considering its popularity I can't see it not continuing to gain more and more 3rd party support.

As a handheld console, it's actually quite powerful, credit where credit is due. And soon it will have the whole handheld market to itself. It might be underpowered as a home console, but as a handheld it really shines.

They really do need to fix the design flaws though, I'll give you that. The connectivity issue is sorta fixed. I don't know to what degree it's still affecting people with the revised JoyCons, but confirmed it's much less of an issue now. Wifi signal is still shit though AFAIK.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm sorry, what?
It's barely been out a year and it's already doing well in terms of the library and 3rd party support. Look at the 3DS after one year, it barely had anything. And it still turned out to be one of the best selling consoles of all time with a large library of good games both 1st and 3rd party.
The Switch has had a pretty strong start, and considering its popularity I can't see it not continuing to gain more and more 3rd party support.

As a handheld console, it's actually quite powerful, credit where credit is due. And soon it will have the whole handheld market to itself. It might be underpowered as a home console, but as a handheld it really shines.

They really do need to fix the design flaws though, I'll give you that. The connectivity issue is sorta fixed. I don't know to what degree it's still affecting people with the revised JoyCons, but confirmed it's much less of an issue now. Wifi signal is still shit though AFAIK.
while i dont agree with that dude regarding software, he does make a good point regarding hardware, the switch feels like a sony portable, too big and too fragile, which is why i wish they make a smaller revision that feels more like a portable and less like a tablet with 2 small wiimotes connected

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im pretty sure it only exists because of Dark Moon. They were able to reuse alot of things from that game.
Its a given buddy. Even the bowser's inside story came from the superstar saga remake. I wouldnt be surprised if they remake super mario partners in time. Or even the Super mario sunshine.

Its good enough for some 3rd party games to be ported to it i mean its getting crash and who cares about cod an more anyways the ps4 and xbox one don't have good exclusives really anymore.
It will be fine on nintendo exclusives. But not on the multiplatform

Im refering to multiplatform games like doom. Payday etc. They have to downgrade it trmendously, remove some features and etc etc just to make it run smooth.

PS4s got 8 AAA exclusives last 2017, all of which sold from decent to insanely high market sales. Its a matter of preference.

Last edited by chirogan,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
while i dont agree with that dude regarding software, he does make a good point regarding hardware, the switch feels like a sony portable, too big and too fragile, which is why i wish they make a smaller revision that feels more like a portable and less like a tablet with 2 small wiimotes connected
I like the screen size, it's really nice to play games like BotW on. I feel like a lot of games would be hard to play with a smaller screen, due to being designed as full home console experiences. Text and UI elements and such can already be pretty small on the Switch screen, if they made a version with a smaller screen it would be tiny.
And I don't want them to start dumbing down games so they'll work better on a smaller screen either. Then the Switch would lose a lot of its appeal to me.
The best way to deal with the different screen sizes would be to have a mobile UI toggle, but then devs would have to code a separate big screen and small screen UI, increasing development costs which would either translate to higher costs for end users, or less 3rd party support due to the console being too expensive to develop for.
A smaller less expensive Switch with some features removed is a nice idea, I'm just not sure it would work well in practice. Plus, they'd also have to give up the main feature of the Switch (besides TV out), that they have been pushing so hard in ads, that being the multiplayer aspect of handing one of the JoyCons to a friend and being able to play multiplayer anywhere, anytime. It would also cause confusion among certain buyers if they were to make a version of the Switch without the removable JoyCons.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like the screen size, it's really nice to play games like BotW on. I feel like a lot of games would be hard to play with a smaller screen, due to being designed as full home console experiences. Text and UI elements and such can already be pretty small on the Switch screen, if they made a version with a smaller screen it would be tiny.
And I don't want them to start dumbing down games so they'll work better on a smaller screen either. Then the Switch would lose a lot of its appeal to me.
To be honest, I already feel the screen size to small to play some of the games, e.g. Xenoblade 2, and I end up playing those games on a big screen mostly. A smaller screen size for the types of game I want to play is a no go for me.

I don't think the Switch is horrible at all, far from it, in the end it is the console I play the most and I have plenty other current gen consoles. I play it portable way more often than my 3DS also, even though the 3DS is more comfortable to carry.

That said the console is flawed in some aspects, e.g., the way the Joycons and the main console are hold together could be way sturdier, the Joycons could also not have wireless connection problems, the damn thing could support bluetooth headphones (that is the most relevant downside for me), if they're assholes that won't support bluetooth headphones they could at least have placed the headphone jack in a better place, e.g. IN THE BOTTOM.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The switch is a good handheld device but a horrible home console. It is the price to pay when you are a hybrid console. Since they aim to market it as a home console, they get vastly reduced quality games and ports for the portability. The portable mode limits the potential of every game designed for home console. Handheld mode is a double edge sword.
Theyre fine with their exclusives.

They are trying to captivate some of the players who likes the style of sony games.
Thats why the child and family friendly nintendo introduces Mature games such as Doom, payday, LA noire. They tend to enter the home consoles as well. At least they are trying.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be honest, I already feel the screen size to small to play some of the games, e.g. Xenoblade 2, and I end up playing those games on a big screen mostly. A smaller screen size for the types of game I want to play is a no go for me.

I don't think the Switch is horrible at all, far from it, in the end it is the console I play the most and I have plenty other current gen consoles. I play it portable way more often than my 3DS also, even though the 3DS is more comfortable to carry.

That said the console is flawed in some aspects, e.g., the way the Joycons and the main console are hold together could be way sturdier, the Joycons could also not have wireless connection problems, the damn thing could support bluetooth headphones (that is the most relevant downside for me), if they're assholes that won't support bluetooth headphones they could at least have placed the headphone jack in a better place, e.g. IN THE BOTTOM.
Headphone jack on the bottom would prevent you from using headphones while in docked mode or while undocked using the built in stand though.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Headphone jack on the bottom would prevent you from using headphones while in docked mode or while undocked using the built in stand though.
Yep, but it still is a PITA. That really makes it uncomfortable to use with headphones on your commute. Though it is true it will make it impossible to use headphone while the console is supported on the flimsy I-wouldn't-ever-use-it-seriously kickstand.
In the other hand, who would connect the headphones to the console while docked? You just plug them into your TV output in any case.

PS: In any case, it is a flaw, and they should have fixed it somehow... like e.g. supporting BT headphones.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I think I need to address the hate or disappointment that this game is not gonna make it to the switch but rather the 3ds. I understand that some would be confused and or pissed because it’s on a dying console but I think we need to think on the positive side of things. We should be greatful that Nintendo actually decided remake it. They could of thought of it as a waste of time. It’s better than nothing. We should just appreciate it that they thought of the LM’s community. I honestly can’t till it comes out.
i totally agree with you.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yep, but it still is a PITA. That really makes it uncomfortable to use with headphones on your commute. Though it is true it will make it impossible to use headphone while the console is supported on the flimsy I-wouldn't-ever-use-it-seriously kickstand.
In the other hand, who would connect the headphones to the console while docked? You just plug them into your TV output in any case.

PS: In any case, it is a flaw, and they should have fixed it somehow... like e.g. supporting BT headphones.
Not all TVs have a headphone output, some people might be using a monitor without speakers or a speaker output, and in any case the display might be placed too far away for the cable to reach, whereas the dock could be placed closer so the cable would reach it.
I've spoken to people that do use the headphone output in docked mode.

I have to say I haven't really had any issues with using headphones on the Switch, the cable can easily be moved out of the way.
I do have nice BT headphones though and it would be nice to be able to use them wirelessly with the Switch.
Luckily, support for BT headphones would just require a firmware update, so we could still get that.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its a given buddy. Even the bowser's inside story came from the superstar saga remake. I wouldnt be surprised if they remake super mario partners in time. Or even the Super mario sunshine.

It will be fine on nintendo exclusives. But not on the multiplatform

Im refering to multiplatform games like doom. Payday etc. They have to downgrade it trmendously, remove some features and etc etc just to make it run smooth.

PS4s got 8 AAA exclusives last 2017, all of which sold from decent to insanely high market sales. Its a matter of preference.
still i never really liked any of sonys exclusives that they have now or Microsoft Nintendo exclusives are the ones i like most.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also regarding the "dying console" i have to agree with memoirs point.
the 3ds is still kicking braah
well it doen't matterr if theres no more games made for it has so many i haven't played same with ds and gba.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well games like crash still look great on the switch its just those realistic games that look downgraded on the switch im not a fan of those grapichs any way i play games for fun not because of the graphics.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The graphics on the 3ds doesnt look as bad on the trailer video. Actually its pretty decent for a 4 inch screen. I dont see any point of having a 1080P graphics on a 4 inch screen.

This needs to be said. The 3ds is the handheld version of the past nintendo home consoles. The new 3ds can manage the games. Like what others said for the switch "We dont care about a little sacrifice on the graphics if it means you can use it while you poop. "

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The graphics on the 3ds doesnt look as bad on the trailer video. Actually its pretty decent for a 4 inch screen. I dont see any point of having a 1080P graphics on a 4 inch screen.

This needs to be said. The 3ds is the handheld version of the past nintendo home consoles. The new 3ds can manage the games. Like what others said for the switch "We dont care about a little sacrifice on the graphics if it means you can use it while you poop. "
but the switch is great for busy people if your not at home for most of the day all you can play is portables and the Nintendo switch is surely the best one. it gets you more time to play games in a day since you can play it during breaks.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yup , same here i still have some gba/nds games in my backlog and well also alot of 3ds games.
will take the lazy gamer in me years to beat i guess.
The NDS library was kind of infinite.

Hell, I played a lot of games in there, an woeful lot of games, and still I ended up having such a backlog, including interesting looking games like Soma Bringer (never completed it :sad:), DQ9, TWEWY, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Infinite Space, Avalon Code, SRT Endless Frontier, Knights in the Nightmare, etc., etc. (may this serve as a list of games to check again when bored).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte