The Lost Room

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Jan 18, 2007.

Jan 18, 2007

The Lost Room by jumpman17 at 5:28 AM (730 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Okay, my dad's friend recorded the Sci-Fi mini-series "The Lost Room" and I watched all 6 hours today. I would have watched it all in a row, but 2 hours in I had to go to school for half the day, but then I watched the last 4 hours non stop and just finished.

Awesome is what it is.

To sum up the story without giving too much away:

There are over 100 objects that have powers and they are all connected to a motel room which can only be accessed with the key (one of the objects). This room can be entered by inserting the key into any door lock and from within, you can exit out of any door. No matter how you leave the room (sheets on floor, break something, etc...), it will always reset so whatever is left in there disappears (except for the objects, they reset to where they belong in the room). There are powerful objects that can be used as weapons like the pen which cooks whoever you stab with it from the inside out. Others are ho-hum items like the bus pass which transports whoever touches it to the same location in New Mexico everytime. Others are next to useless like the watch. Sit an egg in the middle and it hard boils it. The objects can be combined to form new powers. But what happens when all the objects are collected? Some say you can speak with God, others say nothing happens, others say it drives you mad. Whatever happens though, there are people out to collect them at whatever price they have to pay to get them. As long as you have the key, you can exit the room and not be reset. But what happens if someone is left in the room and the person with the key isn't in it?

Confused yet? Just watch it, it's awesome.

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Sounds confusing but interesting, very different from anything else I've heard of. Actually sounds rather good. Have to keep an eye out for that one.

*Returns from google* Omg, it actually starts in the UK next week [​IMG] Wednesday at 9 on Sky one. Thanks for the heads-up [​IMG]

3. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    SkyOne seems to be an awesome channel because everytime I miss an episode on TV of pretty much any show I watch, when I download it, it's always from SkyOne.

4. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    i watched it when it first aired, the first part was great, but i was disappointed by the second and third (they were still great, but not as good as the first)

i even converted the whole thing into dpg and put in on gbatmw.net

5. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    I bought a set of an old TV series called "Monsters" (1989~1990) on eBay.

The entire series had the SkyOne announcer during the credits.

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    They're the channel that usually shows the big American sci-fi and supernatural shows first in the UK. The Sci-fi channel's really shit in this country, all we get are reruns of old stuff like The Twilight Zone and bad manga movies (you know, those god awful "manga entertainment" ones).