The Lord of the Rings: Gollum game gets a first-look in a new teaser trailer

IGN has put out a teaser for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, giving us the first actual look at what the game, which was previously announced back in March, will look like, at least in cinematic form. Daedalic Entertainment's title will feature the eponymous Gollum, in what has been clarified as "stealth action-adventure" gameplay. While there still hasn't been any actual gameplay footage shown yet, the team has described it as "Prince of Persia-like stealth" and will have branching narrative options in a story that goes more in-depth into the Gollum character, while still staying true to J.R.R. Tolkien's books. For now, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is planned to release in 2021, for PC, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Now they're just milking it. So lazy....
Yes......

No more Lord of the Rings Material for a new Movie ?
I like the Books and also the Movies.

But the Video Games (pretty much all) are bad and awful......only the Board Games are really good.
Not a single newer Video Game was really awesome or almost as good as the Books and Films.
(...only the 8-Bit Version from "The Hobbit" was awesome,also 8-Bit Version from Lord of the Rings - Game One was really good......and of course the Soundtrack from most the newer Games).

...and now this ? Really ? But understandable,Lord of the Rings for many today´s Fans consists only of a few Characters.....
Who cares about a Tom Bombadil or "Silmarillion" Game..

But that is only my Opinion. icecream.gif

Reactions: Draxikor

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes......

But the Video Games (pretty much all) are bad and awful......only the Board Games are really good.
Not a single newer Video Game was really awesome or almost as good as the Books and Films.
(...only the 8-Bit Version from "The Hobbit" was awesome,also 8-Bit Version from Lord of the Rings - Game One was really good......and of course the Soundtrack from most the newer Games).

...and now this ? Really ? But understandable,Lord of the Rings for many today´s Fans consists only of a few Characters.....

But that is only my Opinion.View attachment 222709
I can't imagine a Silmarillion game. A Tom Bombadil could be possible, but there's not much about the character to develop a game about, and considering the character is akin to Bobba Fett in popularity, that's a risky proposition.

Reactions: Alexander1970

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes......

dont know what you smoke but many lord of the rings games have great reviews and are extremely fun specialy if you got a friend

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers ps2,gc,xbox all versions are great and the reviews do match it

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King basicaly same as abode.

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age its not a masterpiece but its a solid rpg game based on the ip.

Lego The Lord of the Rings is extremely fun with open world(first open world lego game?) and crafting and everything good, is way better than 90% of lego games and just amazingly fun in general.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel i never playeded them them but they have solid reviews and never heard people say anything bad about them, they are set in middle earth but dont follow the movies so kind of spinoff games still good ones.

Reactions: pustal and banjo2

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
dont know what you smoke but many lord of the rings games have great reviews and are extremely fun specialy if you got a friend

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers ps2,gc,xbox all versions are great and the reviews do match it

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King basicaly same as abode.

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age its not a masterpiece but its a solid rpg game based on the ip.

Lego The Lord of the Rings is extremely fun with open world(first open world lego game?) and crafting and everything good, is way better than 90% of lego games and just amazingly fun in general.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel i never playeded them them but they have solid reviews and never heard people say anything bad about them, they are set in middle earth but dont follow the movies so kind of spinoff games still good ones.

Nice, I love it when people don't accept the opinion of others and only allow their own and let out a cool line..vain.gif

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nice, I love it when people don't accept the opinion of others and only allow their own and let out a cool line..View attachment 222714
i was talking about general public views, saying every lord of the rings game was awful is just plain lie, when either by critics or even people lots of games get amazing reviews from the public in general, its not a single person opinion but lots of millions of opinions imo.

Reactions: banjo2 and osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...we sneak up behind orcs, kill them, eat them? someone dun stole our ring, gotta stealth and claim it back? I mean, I dunno, as long as its fun?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes......

the battle for middle earth was the only LOTR game I've ever played, but I thought it was pretty alright!

Reactions: Alexander1970

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
But the Video Games (pretty much all) are bad and awful......View attachment 222709

The Two Towers and Return of the King games were very good, even if they might not have aged as well.

Battle for Middle Earth I and II were good RTS, each one on their right.

And the recent Shadow for Mordor / War are well appraised.

And then there are the Lego games, I'd say there are no bad Lego games from Tt.

Last edited by pustal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1