The Lord of the Rings: Gollum game gets a first-look in a new teaser trailer

IGN has put out a teaser for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, giving us the first actual look at what the game, which was previously announced back in March, will look like, at least in cinematic form. Daedalic Entertainment's title will feature the eponymous Gollum, in what has been clarified as "stealth action-adventure" gameplay. While there still hasn't been any actual gameplay footage shown yet, the team has described it as "Prince of Persia-like stealth" and will have branching narrative options in a story that goes more in-depth into the Gollum character, while still staying true to J.R.R. Tolkien's books. For now, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is planned to release in 2021, for PC, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5.

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks more like the gollum of the 70s animated movie, not the live action one of the 2000s. A more cartoonish interpretation

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lego The Lord of the Rings is extremely fun with open world(first open world lego game?) and crafting and everything good, is way better than 90% of lego games and just amazingly fun in general
Lego lord of the rings was really good. I think that it was good at transfering the mood of the movies into a game. However it wasn't the first lego game to feature an open world, that honor belongs to lego batman 2.
The lego hobbit game on the other hand...

Reactions: pedro702

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Yes......

No more Lord of the Rings Material for a new Movie ?
I like the Books and also the Movies.

But the Video Games (pretty much all) are bad and awful......only the Board Games are really good.
Not a single newer Video Game was really awesome or almost as good as the Books and Films.
(...only the 8-Bit Version from "The Hobbit" was awesome,also 8-Bit Version from Lord of the Rings - Game One was really good......and of course the Soundtrack from most the newer Games).

...and now this ? Really ? But understandable,Lord of the Rings for many today´s Fans consists only of a few Characters.....
Who cares about a Tom Bombadil or "Silmarillion" Game..

But that is only my Opinion.View attachment 222709
I agree, the games sucks. I've finished Return of the King on GCN but it was clearly rushed.

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gollum is one of the more interesting characters in the LOTR universe, and we never know what he's up to when he's off screen. I think this could be a very interesting game, especially if it starts in the early days before his descent into madness and you can see his progress through the descent. How he went from Smeagol to Gollum. I'm sure he wasn't just sitting around in his cave all that time.
The trailer answered basically nothing, you barely even get a look at Gollum. I guess they don't want to reveal much at this point but teaser trailers like these always feel like a waste of time. If you're not already a big fan of the concept a teaser trailer is going to do little for you.
Yes......

No more Lord of the Rings Material for a new Movie ?
I like the Books and also the Movies.

But the Video Games (pretty much all) are bad and awful......only the Board Games are really good.
Not a single newer Video Game was really awesome or almost as good as the Books and Films.
(...only the 8-Bit Version from "The Hobbit" was awesome,also 8-Bit Version from Lord of the Rings - Game One was really good......and of course the Soundtrack from most the newer Games).

...and now this ? Really ? But understandable,Lord of the Rings for many today´s Fans consists only of a few Characters.....
Who cares about a Tom Bombadil or "Silmarillion" Game..

But that is only my Opinion.View attachment 222709
I love Tom Bombadil. Go away :angry: :P

Edit:
Lord of the Rings Online is pretty good. Dated by today's MMO standards, but it still has a dedicated fanbase of people who play it because there's nothing else quite like it out there, with that amount of lore to pull from. They are now getting to the point where they've basically ran out of book lore and they're having to make up new lore. Which I feel kinda torn about, it's cool to see some things that the books may have mentioned, but never went into depth about. But it makes me wonder if they will ever stop adding new content. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I had assumed the content would stop at its logical conclusion in the books, which would kind of be a perfect ending. They blew that chance and now have to come with their own ending, and coming up with a good ending is not easy. And it's starting to feel more like filler content and less like LOTR now. I just hope they won't pad it out too much with filler content. The ring's been destroyed, that's where the game should have logically ended, now it's not about LOTR anymore.
All that said, as a big LOTR fan, LotRO still holds and will always hold a special place in my heart, despite being far from perfect and at times being a little too grindy for my liking.
Might be worth checking out for you :)

Now that Amazon's making a new LOTR MMO, I hope it will be all that LotRO is and more. Even if it might be set before the events of LotR (it's not clear yet but it seems likely) that just gives them more freedom to do what they want to with a solid base of lore to pull from when needed, and that is a time period I'm sure a lot of LOTR fans are curious about anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you run out of ideas but still have the IP rights to a beloved franchise.

Yeah I mean it's not like they could make a survival game like Conan: Exile, that wouldn't be very original but it'd open possibilities for Role Playing and that'd defo be more interesting than a stupid stealth game about gollum...

If they had hired the MERP mod for Oblivion and Skyrim instead of just sending them a stupid C&D they could have had this game easily, a whole middle earth map open for survival gameplay and role playing, that'd be interesting, they could set this up in the 4th age so that there would be no active conflict and that the player could choose any race he wants and that middle earth would resemble the one we know from the movies, also the lore nerds wouldn't be raging about every fucking detail because what happens there isn't known...

Yeah if any dickwit at Warner sees this, the idea is free, just take it and make a god damn good and interesting game for a change because a stupid stealth adventure game as gollum isn't...

Last edited by Idaho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things