The let's profess our love for the great 3DS scene devs thread

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by stl25, Mar 31, 2016.

1. stl25
    OP

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Good evening fellow tempers,

First off let me say I'm not sure this is the right location for this thread, but all developments (CFW included) of the 3DS scene could be considered homebrew of sorts right.

Let's not turn this thread into a this dev is better than this dev flame war. The aim is to have a thread for members to give a shout out to a dev who has made the 3DS scene a little brighter for them. Feel free to post the project/developement and the dev(s) (some may have too many to list so the main dev should be fine) who created them. Hopefully this will be a constructive way to celebrate the developers without having to sift through 100's of 1000's of threads/posts for them to enjoy our adoration.

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Queno138, Ev1l0rd, Gray_Jack and 2 others like this.
  3. stl25
    OP

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    @Olmectron, great start.

All right Tempers dig deep as I am sure there are some great devs that despite not having been heard from in awhile we can still recognize their contributions to advancing the scene to what it is today. Also devs if you have been inspired or have a dev that your project has evolved from feel free to get involved as well.

@Riku, thanks for AGB_Firm Signature Patcher + GBA Rom Converter and 3DS Simple CIA Converter

Queno138 likes this.
  4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Palantine! XD (lol)

.... getting back to reality, I think an often overlooked dev is @d0k3 . The guy has made countless awesome 3ds apps and really seems to listen to users. He usually fulfills most requests and fixes bugs in a timely manner. Guy is a real worker bee.

5. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    @VideahGams did a great job porting the LÖVE framework to the 3DS!

Gray_Jack likes this.
  6. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    too many to mention for me to be fair, but some of the ones that have made a real difference for me personally would be

@Reisyukaku
    @d0k3
    @dark_samus3
    @Shadowtrance
    @smealum
    @ketal
    @daxtsu
    @mid-kid

I will probably get shouted at now for tagging these people, but they are the ones who have made the most difference for me personally

It's kind of a shame, because there are so many more individuals behind the scenes who I don't know / remember the names of

7. Shaswati

Shaswati GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    India
    LKO
    How did you forget Rinnegatamante?!

peteruk likes this.
  8. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    He was already mentioned in the second post.

9. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    It's because I already mentioned him.

Edit: There are ninjas spying my posts...

10. stl25
    OP

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Before I forget, It is expected that members (myself included) may unintentionally forget to name a dev who developed/contributed to a project. Please without starting a flame war if you notice an omission please bring it to the attention of us all by posting here and getting that dev some love. Thank you.

Edit: Repeats are inevitable, but hey this is a love thread there are no prizes for being mentioned multiple times. The aim is dev awareness and their contributions.

Last edited by stl25, Mar 31, 2016
    Queno138 likes this.
  11. Shaswati

Shaswati GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    India
    LKO
    Oh sorry "All hail ...." 26 ninjas to be exact :ph34r:

Olmectron likes this.
  12. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    @d0k3 was mentioned twice.

EDIT: I just made it thrice

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL, Mar 31, 2016
  13. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    You got a point there.

14. stl25
    OP

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    I realize the devs at the forefront of the A9LH and CFW developments will garner alot of adoration and if members want to continually post that it is okay. Somewhere along the line someone will post a contributing dev who will make us look up their project and see how it helped advance the scene and maybe even help us in current projects. Lots of great projects and code out there.

15. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Mmn I agree with @zoogie (who I actually appreciate for the news he provides and the tools he creates). Without @d0k3 and his tools, I can't imagine the number of bricks we could have from trying to get the OTP. While I got my OTP before it's inception, the OTPHelper tool was a great idea and really streamlined the downgrading, OTP retreval, and update back to your original state.

Also a big shout out to @Aurora Wright for Aureinand which is the cfw I'm currently using and it's really nice. But I can't forget @Reisyukaku for the AMAZING Reinand base from which Aureinand was born. Also his very convientent and extremely legal :P pastebin has proved to be more than useful for people over the years.

Also @Roxas75, I know you're gone and I hope you're doing fine, but I wanted to say thanks for Rxtools. It was my first cfw and it worked great when cfw+menuhax+bootmanager was still a thing.

Last edited by Just Passing By, Mar 31, 2016
  16. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    This is kinda weird because "they" really can't be pinned downed to a known dev, but Gateway. Devs reverse-engineering their work indirectly led to almost everything we have now. Only until @smealum showed up with ninjhax and ctrulib, did other devs really start contributing meaningful open source work. Big thanks to smea and a bunch of his 3dbrew friends for getting that culture started.

Of course @yellows8 deserves huge credit and pretty much wrote 80% of 3dbrew and, of course, a slew of awesome userland exploits. (and he's the real author of 'palantine' cfw btw).

Gotta give @Neimod some props too with his early hardware work despite being a somewhat controversial character.

Queno138, Gray_Jack and peteruk like this.
  17. stl25
    OP

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    redNAND nand redirection exploit written by Smealum (w/ help from friends)
    emuNAND-- GW team's version of the above

Feel free to correct me if this information is wrong. The aim is acknowledgement of devs and there will be misinformation. If you can help correct any misinformation please do and the community thanks you for it. We want all the devs to get proper credit.

Gray_Jack likes this.
  18. Chaos Cat

Chaos Cat Banned

Banned
    Mar 7, 2016
    New Zealand
  19. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    How the fuck has nobody mentioned @b1l1s yet? He's the true Lord and Savior of the scene.

20. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    This. We would still be stuck in the ages of using Cubic Ninja to get the OTP (which I'm fairly certain a lot of people would not have a9lh if this were the case) then he decided to work his ass off to figure out all of the register sets to get screen init, taught me a fuck-ton and helped me integrate screen init into a9lh... we'd be nowhere without him right now