Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
approved-1.jpg
< Hadrian copycat lol

14055.jpg

I've played the GBA version first game for a short while on No$GBA and really liked it, so when i knew there was going to be a US locallization i was excited. So... Anybody excited?
Starfy is coming out this week! Check Hadrian's thread for further details!

Info on this game for those who didn't know about this great series:
QUOTE said:
The genre of the series is a special kind of platform game called "marine platform", due to the game being more about swimming than running and jumping around. Players control the protagonist of the series, Starfy, throughout each game. When on land, the controls are equal to the controls of most other platformers. In the water, players can only move Starfy around using the control pad alone; however, if players want to make Starfy swim faster, they hold the A button down while moving him around. The games are usually comprised of multiple stages or worlds, with each stage split up into four sub-stages. Boss characters hide at the end of each world's final sub-stage. Most of the other sub-stages' goals are centered around retrieving a lost or stolen item for another character. Most power-ups are vehicles and costumes, some are new moves and some are upgrades for moves and other power-ups.

Info on this game:
QUOTEReturning from the previous four Starfy titles are the costume series of power ups - this time, it is a ghost, dragon, chicken, and an ice-tailed manitee costume. Unlike other games in the series, instead of touching a costume, Starfy touches Rampa's thought bubbles to put on a costume. The game also has DS wireless co-op play in some areas, where one person controls Starfy, and the other controls Starly (known in Japan as Starpy). There is another feature in which you can send your boss battle records using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Five different minigames are offered, one of them a cooking game starring Starpy. Returning from The Legendary Starfy series is the wardrobe collection in which you dress Starfy and Starly in different outfits.
Its a platformer with adventure and puzzle solving aspects.... But underwater!
There had been 4 games: Densetsu no Stafy(GBA), Densetsu no Stafy 2 (GBA), Densetsu no Stafy 3 (GBA), Densetsu no Stafy (NDS)

This locallization is the fifth in the series: Densetsu no Stafy Taiketsu! Daiiru Kaizokudan, but the first US one being called "The Legendary Starfy":
Screenies:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The games is releasing on June 8
smile.gif
And the size is 512 Megabits(64 Megabytes I think).... so make some space in your micro SDs! Or support this game for possibilities of future Starfy games!
grog.gif

Other links:

Edit: Starfy is coming out this week! Check Hadrian's thread for further details!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm sure I could have played through the Japanese games, but I just don't have the patience. So, it will be nice to be able to just jump right in. It's always looked and felt like a cousin of Kirby, so it's allgood.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, i am very excited, this is a great game, and well, i love that kind of plataform game. He reminds me of Kirby, but for me is better than Kirby.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I was about to play the jap version when i've heard about the localization.
Since i've played the 3 first GBA games (great ones, mind you), i'm sure expecting this!
And about the name, Starfy is a kinda good localization for it, because the original is romanized like SUTAFII, and the character is obviously a star, so Starfy is not bad, it's highly appropriate.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
soulfire said:
malapo said:
no one can beat kirby
rolleyes.gif
he can suck in monsters n eat them!
cool.gif

this game looks fun though, ill play it
smile.gif

i agree with you
tongue.gif

kirby ftw

but i gonna play this game anyway i love platformers

Well Kirby is really that damn good. But this game has been Japan-exclusive for far too long so im more hyped for it than i will be for other Kirby games.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am as it pissed me off that Nintendo refused to release it here for years as it looked quite fun though a bit on the cute side like Kirby. I don't $35 want it though as I don't think there's enough there for them to be hiking the cost $5. Considering how poorly Kirby has been handled for a time, it's nice to see Starfy pop up.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Vampire Hunter D said:
I am as it pissed me off that Nintendo refused to release it here for years as it looked quite fun though a bit on the cute side like Kirby. I don't $35 want it though as I don't think there's enough there for them to be hiking the cost $5. Considering how poorly Kirby has been handled for a time, it's nice to see Starfy pop up.

Aren't you afraid that they will handle Starfy even more poorly? lol

But seriously why is everyone comparing this with Kirby? Kirby is fun, Yes. Kirby is an epic franchise, yes. Kirby is a platformer too, yes.

But this is a little different. Kirby inflates itself and floats in the air, but starfy is an amphibian star....thingy that jumps about on land and swims underwater. Kirby transform and gains abilities by sucking in monsters, Starfy touches the thought bubble of the weird bunny to change into empowered forms and has a wadrobe collection to modify its appearance.

And randomly.... Kirby is a playable character in SSB Brawl but Starfy is assisting trophy in that game lol

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The comparison comes from the art style and the fact that it's another side scroller that's all, at least for me. It has some in comparison also with the Kirby Dream Land 2 and 3 titles as he too would touch an animal and then become their abilities much like the Starfy setup you explained.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Dwight said:
Stafy is the only platformer ever where I actually enjoy being underwater.

Cos many other platformers kill you when you swin for too long or cant keep afloat....

There aren't really that many "marine platformers" for swimming and not dying for like, forever. So Starfy sounds good to me lol

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that they are starting with the fifth game instead of the fourth (which is the first NDS title) as the fourth one was easily the worst in the series and the fifth one improved on it so much.

Hoping it does well then maybe Nintendo will go back to the start and port the GBA games for us, we know how they love to port older games.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hadrian said:
I'm glad that they are starting with the fifth game instead of the fourth (which is the first NDS title) as the fourth one was easily the worst in the series and the fifth one improved on it so much.

Hoping it does well then maybe Nintendo will go back to the start and port the GBA games for us, we know how they love to port older games.

Many people in gamespot/gamefaqs are saying how crappy 4 was and some were saying 5 is crappier though. But i wouldn't know until i try.

But if they GBA series were ported, wouldn't they be rewinding the U versions, while the J versions are forwarding? Then the U and J versions will be in a paradox. It would be nice if the rest of the series all get locallised from here onwards....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs